Ivy essays. com Anyone use it before? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Mattfl88

Bronze

Ivy essays. com Anyone use it before?

Post by Mattfl88 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:43 pm

Anyone use this service? I'm curious to see what people think about it before I drop $150.

I can't find any reviews online

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Re: Ivyessays.com Anyone use it before?

Post by gbpackerbacker » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:45 pm

The PS reviews you'll receive by some of the people in this forum are probably better than that service....and free.

Edit: Unless you're advertising for that website, in which case everybody should know that it is a Waste of Money.

Mattfl88

Bronze

Post by Mattfl88 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm not advertising just trying to make an informed decision. Thanks I'll post my first draft of my PS. It's got a long way to go but some helpful advice in the beginning would be great.

Thanks for saving me $150.

dougroberts

Bronze

Post by dougroberts » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Don't waste your money.

In any event, if you have to rely on review services like this, then how do you expect to right your memos and briefs in law school? I suggest you spend the time to polish your own PS and then take feedback from others (like TLS) but don't rely on review services which just waste your money. You are better off acquiring the skill of writing now than paying for a (presumably) quality product.

fjsms

New

Post by fjsms » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:21 am

While I think you can at times get good advice on this forum, if you want a very good, professional, high level opinion- particularly of a closer-to-final draft- I would definitely recommend Northwest Essay. The cost is $20 and their feedback is excellent. They won't write it for you, or proofread it, but the feedback will be more thorough than you would get here, you're guaranteed to get it, and it's $20.
Not affiliated with them, not advertising, just had a great experience.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ArchRoark

Silver

Post by ArchRoark » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:31 am

fjsms wrote:While I think you can at times get good advice on this forum, if you want a very good, professional, high level opinion- particularly of a closer-to-final draft- I would definitely recommend Northwest Essay. The cost is $20 and their feedback is excellent. They won't write it for you, or proofread it, but the feedback will be more thorough than you would get here, you're guaranteed to get it, and it's $20.
Not affiliated with them, not advertising, just had a great experience.
+1

It was only $20 and I was satisfied. Good feedback, although I think the feedback I received on the forums was more intensive. In the end different people have different perspectives on what makes a good PS. But getting a wide gamut of reactions to your PS is definitely good.

tinman

Bronze

Post by tinman » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:51 am

dougroberts wrote:Don't waste your money.

In any event, if you have to rely on review services like this, then how do you expect to right your memos and briefs in law school? I suggest you spend the time to polish your own PS and then take feedback from others (like TLS) but don't rely on review services which just waste your money. You are better off acquiring the skill of writing now than paying for a (presumably) quality product.
As someone who finds it much easier to write garbage personal statements than garbage memos/briefs I disagree with this. Skill in personal statements is not necessarily synonymous with skill in writing I know plenty of grads from top undergrads (good writers) who write terrible PSs. I'd ask friends or professors for advice on PSs. I've definitely "seriously" edited PSs for friends.

northwood

Platinum

Re: Ivy essays. com Anyone use it before?

Post by northwood » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:04 am

Personal Statement Board on TLS is all that I used, and its worked very well for me. You have to pay it forward ( read and critique another essay), but reading them gives you a good idea about the structure. Plus, people will offer good,solid advice. Just make sure to keep it in "your voice" and make sure it flows the way you want, and you will be okay.

save your money.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”