I dont think topics matter. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
swtlilsoni

Bronze

I dont think topics matter.

Post by swtlilsoni » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:32 am

After reading many personal statements, I have come to the realization that topics don't matter much. You can pretty much write about anything, even eating peanut butter in the morning. The topic is merely a medium. A medium that carries your message. It's the message that matters. It's almost like an analogy. You can get one message across using several different analogies. Some of them could even be meaningless (sending a message about why lying is bad through the use of an analogy about ants on a piece of bread). Remember Aesop's fables? It doesn't matter much what the animals were doing or who they were, it's the way that medium was utilized to send the message that makes all the difference.

Anyway I'm just rambling because I was stressing over finding a topic and I realized that I could say whatever I want to say using any of the topics I was thinking about.

That being said, I wrote a rough outline of what I'm attempting to do with this PS. I would appreciate it if someone could check it out. That way I know if I'm on the right track before putting more time into it.

birdlaw117

Gold

Re: I dont think topics matter.

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:35 am

Feel free to PM me some stuff, I'd be glad to give you some feedback on it.

MrSparkle

Bronze

Post by MrSparkle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:38 am

Well, you can't pick just ANY topic equally, so you're back to square one - topics matter. I do see your point though. Multiple topics could serve the same purpose, but I found that one inevitably bubbled to the top when fully fleshed out.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:52 am

What if I want to write a PS about working in softcore pr0n?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:53 am

rad law wrote:What if I want to write a PS about working in softcore pr0n?
Only if it's hardcore. Otherwise, don't bring that weak shit in here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”