Need Massive Help! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
KevinP

Silver

Need Massive Help!

Post by KevinP » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 am

Last edited by KevinP on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Re: Need Massive Help!

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:03 am

For what it's worth, you can't normally take the LSAT four times in a two-year period, so be sure to check on that if that applies to you.

Sounds like a bunch of crazy things have happened to you. It might be tempting to write about one or more of those things, showing how they've made you more mature or something. Based on the tiny glimpse of your life you've given me, though, I'd be most interested in reading about you taking care of your sibling while dealing with school/work (obviously, this depends on the extent of your responsibilities as a caretaker). How has having to be a role model and caretaker affected you? What has it taught you?

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 am

^
Yeah, the 2-year rule expires for me next October so I should be fine. If I focus primarily on my responsibilities as caregiver, should I mention any of the other parts of my life? I feel as if they really defined me and I really want to touch on all the aspects I mentioned but I fear that if I try to chase 2 rabbits at once, I'll end up with none. Major thanks for the advice.

kitmitzi

New

Post by kitmitzi » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:01 am

should I mention any of the other parts of my life?
I would leave the high school part to an addendum, but you can definitely write about what happened to your parents while you describe how you ended up in the role of caretaker as they are directly related. I can see you easily working in being an immigrant, what happened to your parents, and taking care of your sibling in the same PS. Maybe touch on how it affected you to this point and what is your motivation for law school?

Describing the bad jobs you've had to work wouldn't really add to your PS so I wouldn't touch on that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”