Education Gap - please provide feedback Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Education Gap - please provide feedback

Post by Remnantofisrael » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:44 pm

I'll comment on yours- just pm me to take a look and I will-

I appreciate any comments. I feel it is a bit long, but I think it might just have to be. I'm seeking feedback on structure, sense-making and the overall idea, but if you want to attack my grammar etc. feel free.

----------------------

Addendum: Education Gap

The gap of six years between my final on-campus course at the University of Missouri in the summer of 2004 and my final course completion this fall, 2010, was the result of strategic planning decisions that were made by myself and my family. Beginning college early, in January of 2001, I had been on pace to graduate in December of 2004. As spring of 2004 came to a close, that plan became problematic for two reasons. First, my wife was graduating in May of 2004 , and second, we both had received job offers that would require us to begin in August of 2004. My job offer was not contingent on completing my bachelor's degree, and so we accepted those jobs. That summer I took the maximum of nine credit-hours the university would allow, leaving six hours of electives that I could complete through the University's distance study program after I began my job.

Between 2004 and 2008 I was focused on advancing my career and raising my young family. In 2008 I completed the first of my final two courses. I also accepted the opportunity to be CEO of an interactive marketing startup, committing two years to the company. My plan was to seek admission into law school after those two years and so in September of 2010 I completed my final course in order to be fully filed for graduation before applying for admittance.

Remnantofisrael

Bronze

Re: Education Gap - please provide feedback

Post by Remnantofisrael » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:24 pm

Even just a "right track" would be helpful.

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”