Academic Dishonesty Addendum Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Goran

New

Academic Dishonesty Addendum

Post by Goran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:17 pm

Thanks anyway. 0 responses.
Last edited by Goran on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Goran

New

Re: Academic Dishonesty Addendum

Post by Goran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:29 pm

any thoughts? anyone? it's a really queasy feeling watching the view count of the thread go up, knowing people are reading about your life , and they're totally anonymous to you. :oops:

Goran

New

Post by Goran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:42 pm

edited.

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:48 pm

I think it was a good except for the beginning of the second paragraph. I started to roll my eyes during the first sentence -- I'd cut it after "infraction" which should fix that reaction (I seriously almost stopped reading). The end of the first sentence put me in the frame of mind to look at the beginning of the second sentence in a negative light at first. Also not a big fan of "turpitude" (note, I actually forgot what it meant in the time between copying while reading through and when I pasted it here because it isn't a word people actually use in conversations). Also, I think you misused equivocation in your last sentence (look it up); just say "doubt"

Some other words: cognizance, exactitude, and paramount in one sentence is too much. I'd change paramount and leave the other 2.

Good work guilting me into writing this with your second post. Good luck!

Edit: You mean zero posts except for me because I'm such a nice guy! It took me a while, I had to look up equivocation to make sure it didn't have other uses lol.

Goran

New

Post by Goran » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:55 pm

hey, i really appreciate the response. what about the length? i had always read that addendums should be short but i felt the need to get really lengthy with this as it could definitely ruin my app. other than your noted corrections, thoughts about the addendum and possibility of coming across well with adcomms?

WayBryson

Bronze

Post by WayBryson » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 pm

I liked the first paragraph. The rest is a bit long. I think you could do this in 2 paragraphs: 1: the description of what happened. 2: What you've taken from it. Given that this could ruin your applications, I would have one or all of my academic references address this for me as well. An academic reference who states you are trustworthy could go a long ways towards purging doubt about your character and fitness from the minds of adcoms, especially since it sounds like you were just lazy/sloppy. Good luck to you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”