GPA Addendum? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
dabomb75

Bronze

GPA Addendum?

Post by dabomb75 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:10 pm

Hey guys, so I have 2 reasons for writing a GPA addendum, one of which is very legitimate, and the other I'm not sure if I should include as well:

The first (and more legit reason): I was taking 2 summer classes after my freshman year, ended up having to have 2 surgeries over a 1.5 week span. This was at the end of summer, and I ended up having to take incompletes in both, and finish them up over the next semester. This resulted in me taking 6 classes over the semester rather than the normal 4, and taking this many units in one semester isn't even normally allowed, but I was forced to some that the incompletes wouldn't turn into Fs. That combined with the fact that my energy levels were lower than normal all semester because of the surgery led to me getting my 1 and only F in college.

2nd (and less legit reason): I was in a major that I hated that also happened to be one of the harder majors in the school for my first 2 years. GPA for those 2 years = 2.92. I switched to a different major that I actually enjoyed and my GPA for those last 2 years = 3.44.

I know I am going to talk about the 1st reason in the GPA Addendum, but does the 2nd seem valid enough to talk about, or will it come off as me trying to make excuses?

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: GPA Addendum?

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:24 pm

Do the first.

Do not even mention the 2nd.

dabomb75

Bronze

Re: GPA Addendum?

Post by dabomb75 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:28 pm

heh that was the response I was expecting

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”