Personal Statement Typo - Resubmit? Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
haver1234

New

Personal Statement Typo - Resubmit?

Post by haver1234 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:38 am

I have submitted 6 of my (10 or so) applications already when I noticed this mistake:

"Specifically, after law school, I would like to work as a court clerk, and follow this service by working for an organization dedicated to public interest law addressing educational iniquity."

Now, I know the difference between 'iniquity' and 'inequity,' but I realized the mistake a little too late. I've applied to most of the schools I actually want to attend. Should I resubmit?

I've rationalized in my mind that I should just leave it be, that 'iniquity' (def: [among other things and with certain connotations] a gross injustice) and 'inequity' (def: an injustice/unfairness) are close enough that, while it's not the best word, it can make sense in context. Thoughts?

In case it matters, numbers. LSAT: 177, GPA: 3.75. I've sent this out to 4 T10 schools (including my four top choices) among others. Changed it for the remaining schools I'll be applying to. Thanks.

Emma.

Gold

Re: Personal Statement Typo - Resubmit?

Post by Emma. » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:44 am

Do you really want to work as a court clerk? Do you mean a judicial clerkship??

Silver

Post by 12262010 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:09 pm

Emma. wrote:Do you really want to work as a court clerk? Do you mean a judicial clerkship??
maybe OP is being realistic about the economy.

Emma.

Gold

Post by Emma. » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:37 pm

booyakasha wrote:
Emma. wrote:Do you really want to work as a court clerk? Do you mean a judicial clerkship??
maybe OP is being realistic about the economy.
Good point. Presuming he/she would have the grades for a clerkship is a pretty douchey move, so we can only hope you are right.

Whatisthis

Bronze

Post by Whatisthis » Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:55 pm

haver1234 wrote:I have submitted 6 of my (10 or so) applications already when I noticed this mistake:

"Specifically, after law school, I would like to work as a court clerk, and follow this service by working for an organization dedicated to public interest law addressing educational iniquity."

Now, I know the difference between 'iniquity' and 'inequity,' but I realized the mistake a little too late. I've applied to most of the schools I actually want to attend. Should I resubmit?

I've rationalized in my mind that I should just leave it be, that 'iniquity' (def: [among other things and with certain connotations] a gross injustice) and 'inequity' (def: an injustice/unfairness) are close enough that, while it's not the best word, it can make sense in context. Thoughts?

In case it matters, numbers. LSAT: 177, GPA: 3.75. I've sent this out to 4 T10 schools (including my four top choices) among others. Changed it for the remaining schools I'll be applying to. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about this. There were far worse typos/errors in my applications and I don’t think they affected my chances at all.

I don't know about YHS, but from CCN on down, your numbers/URM status are all that matter. I was worried sick about the errors in my applications, as I’m sure you are, but try not to worry. I am sure these errors are not going to be a difference maker anywhere.

Good Luck!

capitalacq

Silver

Post by capitalacq » Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:02 pm

is the LSAT not out of 180 anymore?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”