PS Topic Ideas Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
am588

New

PS Topic Ideas

Post by am588 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:47 pm

So I've been trying to get down to writing my PS, but have no idea what to write about. My ideas:

1. My father passed away half way through my ug, leaving my mother and I with nothing. He paid for my college, so after he passed away I moved back home, but continued to go to school (2 hour drive each way 3x a week), and work full time. During this time I graduated ug on time and have a successful career, as well as this experience sparked my interest in law from going through all the meetings with attorneys regarding his business and estate.

2. My sorority; through my time living at college, I was part of a newly founded sorority and established the treasurer position. This position transformed who I was, and helped develop me.

3. Running; I started running in high school and hated it. After a while, I kept working at it and began to enjoy it. I could make this relate to my school work,etc.

I'm leaning towards the first, but I'm just afraid that it will come off as too 'feel bad for me'. Other than these 3 areas, I've had a pretty normal life and nothing really sticks out. :?

tgedamu

New

Re: PS Topic Ideas

Post by tgedamu » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:52 pm

Yeah I felt that "feel sorry for me" vibe at first too. As long as you show how grow strong from that though...

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”