PS Idea need input. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
jarofsoup

Gold

PS Idea need input.

Post by jarofsoup » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:56 pm

My grandfather lost his entire family in the holocaust. I would visit him and he would sit me down every time with a box of pictures and read to me the letters that they wrote to him from the camps and say this could never happen again=international law/human rights law?

Would this be a good topic?

It would not be about him just me sitting with him...

I can not find anything to write about... my dad also grew up in Apatheid South Africa... a lot of genocide...

Frankly I am a paralegal student and just really enjoy the material...

NU_Jet55

Silver

Re: PS Idea need input.

Post by NU_Jet55 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:50 pm

Either might be a good idea to touch upon, but not don't devote more than a sentence or two to either, followed by showing how they tie into your desire to go to law school. Remember, the personal statement's supposed to be about you, not your parents or grandparents.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:50 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:Either might be a good idea to touch upon, but not don't devote more than a sentence or two to either, followed by showing how they tie into your desire to go to law school. Remember, the personal statement's supposed to be about you, not your parents or grandparents.

Yeah I was going to write more about the experience of seeing the box of photos. Not his story.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:17 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”