PS format/style questions Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
TOMaHULK

Silver

PS format/style questions

Post by TOMaHULK » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 am

What format are you writing your PS in? Double Space?

Also, I've heard that some people are putting their names and LSAC Acct #s on each page...

Is there a link that can assist me with this please?

Note: Still concerned as to whether I'm going to go tear jerker/overcoming adversity/or "your school is the best for my goals" route.

Please advise on the above if possible.

d34d9823

Gold

Re: PS format/style questions

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:26 am

I'm thinking single spaced unless they specifically say otherwise. You only get two pages...

Someone with experience please advise.

TOMaHULK

Silver

Post by TOMaHULK » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:28 am

d34dluk3 wrote:I'm thinking single spaced unless they specifically say otherwise. You only get two pages...

Someone with experience please advise.
Yes, thank you. I don't think I've read anywhere the "exact" format that's expected/preferred. Maybe a current LS student can chime in with what there's was...? :wink:

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:32 am

--LinkRemoved-- has a fairly comprehensive list of PS requirements for those schools that do have parameters. I can't remember where I read it, but logically, each page should include your name and LSAC number in case the pages get separated somehow and there happens to be two applicants with the name John Johnson.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:34 am

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:--LinkRemoved-- has a fairly comprehensive list of PS requirements for those schools that do have parameters. I can't remember where I read it, but logically, each page should include your name and LSAC number in case the pages get separated somehow and there happens to be two applicants with the name John Johnson.
So 50% of the T14 asks for double spaced. Based on that, I would double space for everyone because unstated expectations are a bitch.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”