GPA Addendum - Please Critique! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Kilpatrick

Silver

Re: GPA Addendum - Please Critique!

Post by Kilpatrick » Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 pm

It was a joke. I didn't expect you to really tell me the name of your famous book... BECAUSE YOU DID NOT WRITE A FAMOUS BOOK. Nobody here believes all your bullshit. We all know you are a troll. But it is entertaining that you've kept it going this long.

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:It was a joke. I didn't expect you to really tell me the name of your famous book... BECAUSE YOU DID NOT WRITE A FAMOUS BOOK. Nobody here believes all your bullshit. We all know you are a troll. But it is entertaining that you've kept it going this long.
I did not write a famous book. I helped write a famous book and it was not an artwork, it was nonfiction. That's all.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 23, 2010 10:38 pm

I don't understand your hostility, I really don't. People here tried to help you, then you got defensive, then you got hostile. TLS is a great, great tool if you are respectful and show some humility. You have shown neither, and you have gotten the appropriate response.

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:39 pm

recaldo wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:It was a joke. I didn't expect you to really tell me the name of your famous book... BECAUSE YOU DID NOT WRITE A FAMOUS BOOK. Nobody here believes all your bullshit. We all know you are a troll. But it is entertaining that you've kept it going this long.
I did not write a famous book. I helped write a famous book and it was not an artwork, it was nonfiction. That's all.
It's called For Whom The Bell Trolls, apparently.

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 pm

recaldo wrote:
recaldo wrote:
It's called For Whom The Bell Trolls, apparently.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:I don't understand your hostility, I really don't. People here tried to help you, then you got defensive, then you got hostile. TLS is a great, great tool if you are respectful and show some humility. You have shown neither, and you have gotten the appropriate response.
That is not true, romothesavior. I believe it started fine until you and your gang of trolls/antagonizers started making fun of people who get beat up when they were younger. It was fine until I was consistently called a liar. Very few people actually focused on the task I had solicitied. In fact, I am still being called a liar. How about this, don't call me a liar, don't call me a troll, and don't make fun of peopel who may be disadvantaged and I won't have to defend myself against people with such little sympathy for those who may have had a tough time. Deal?

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:42 pm

recaldo wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I don't understand your hostility, I really don't. People here tried to help you, then you got defensive, then you got hostile. TLS is a great, great tool if you are respectful and show some humility. You have shown neither, and you have gotten the appropriate response.
That is not true, romothesavior. I believe it started fine until you and your gang of trolls/antagonizers started making fun of people who get beat up when they were younger. It was fine until I was consistently called a liar. Very few people actually focused on the task I had solicitied. In fact, I am still being called a liar. How about this, don't call me a liar, don't call me a troll, and don't make fun of peopel who may be disadvantaged and I won't have to defend myself against people with such little sympathy for those who may have had a tough time. Deal?
And shame on you for doing so in the first place. Can't believe this is the type of person who represents our legal community. No wonder no one has jobs.
Last edited by recaldo on Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 pm

I didn't start making fun of you for getting beat up by your stepmom until you had already gone out of your way to prove you were a crazy asshole.

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:I didn't start making fun of you for getting beat up by your stepmom until you had already gone out of your way to prove you were a crazy asshole.
False, I'll grab the threads now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 23, 2010 10:46 pm

recaldo wrote:
recaldo wrote:
And shame on you for doing so in the first place. Can't believe this is the type of person who represents our legal community. No wonder no one has jobs.
Shame on me for what? I came into this thread well after it had melted down. And I'm not the one sending PMs to people telling them their school sucks.

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:47 pm

recaldo wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:I didn't start making fun of you for getting beat up by your stepmom until you had already gone out of your way to prove you were a crazy asshole.
First thing said to me: "This was an entertaining read. Recaldo I don't think you are over your psychological issues. You seem like a crazy person. Or you are a brilliant flame. Not sure which."

I hadn't said a word to you and you already began criticizing and insulting me, as well as people with psychological issues. Do you really think people with psychological issues is such a non-issue as it to be compared to minor and largely defensive statements I may have said. Give me a break. Lets look at how intense your statements got when I merely criticized you for insisting I was flame and "not over my psychological issues"........

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:50 pm

recaldo wrote:
recaldo wrote:
First thing said to me: "This was an entertaining read. Recaldo I don't think you are over your psychological issues. You seem like a crazy person. Or you are a brilliant flame. Not sure which."

I hadn't said a word to you and you already began criticizing and insulting me, as well as people with psychological issues. Do you really think people with psychological issues is such a non-issue as it to be compared to minor and largely defensive statements I may have said. Give me a break. Lets look at how intense your statements got when I merely criticized you for insisting I was flame and "not over my psychological issues"........
" KILPATRICK siad: Are you telling me you've honestly never read "Grandma Raped Me, My Brother Is A Bastard and A Plane Flew Into My House" by Ricky Recaldo. You philistine."

fenway

Bronze

Post by fenway » Sun May 23, 2010 10:50 pm

yo. chill.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 23, 2010 10:51 pm

fenway wrote:yo. chill.
+1. And please explain to me how I am somehow connected to this "gang of trolls." And also explain to me why my response about your job prospects was unwarranted, given your attack on me via PM.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Sun May 23, 2010 10:56 pm

I came in at page 4. That was plenty of time to realize you were either insane or a troll. I don't feel the need to be sensitive to your psychological issues because you're an asshole. And I don't believe any of your story. There have been tons of people on TLS who have shared personal statements or addendums about overcoming adversity and/or dealing with mental health issues. But normally these people write about it in a tasteful way and don't blow up and start attacking people when they get criticism. That's why you are worthy of ridicule.

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 10:57 pm

These people, this gang of trolls and antagonizers are in law school for christ sake. The legal profession has fought for disadvantaged people for hundreds of years, sometimes to a lawyer's own detriment.... defending rights and notions of justice for the weak..for those that didn't or couldn't get a chance. And these people are mocking it. They are mocking hundreds of years of attorneys being at the vanguard of our society to make it more just and more fair for those who were victimized, unfairly burdened, or disadvantaged.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 23, 2010 11:01 pm

recaldo wrote:
These people, this gang of trolls and antagonizers are in law school for christ sake. The legal profession has fought for disadvantaged people for hundreds of years, sometimes to a lawyer's own detriment.... defending rights and notions of justice for the weak..for those that didn't or couldn't get a chance. And these people are mocking it. They are mocking hundreds of years of attorneys being at the vanguard of our society to make it more just and more fair for those who were victimized, unfairly burdened, or disadvantaged.
Bahahahaha... No. We are not mocking it. Clarence Darrow is my hero. And John Adams defense of the British at the Boston Massacre is another one of my favorite legal hero moments.

We are mocking YOU for being a jerk to everyone on TLS. That's what we're mocking. (And some were probably mocking your terrible writing skills)
Last edited by romothesavior on Sun May 23, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 11:02 pm

[quote="Kilpatrick"]I came in at page 4. That was plenty of time to realize you were either insane or a troll. I don't feel the need to be sensitive to your psychological issues because you're an asshole. And I don't believe any of your story. There have been tons of people on TLS who have shared personal statements or addendums about overcoming adversity and/or dealing with mental health issues. But normally these people write about it in a tasteful way and don't blow up and start attacking people when they get criticism. That's why you are worthy of ridicule.[/quote]

" KILPATRICK said: Are you telling me you've honestly never read "Grandma Raped Me, My Brother Is A Bastard and A Plane Flew Into My House" by Ricky Recaldo. You philistine."

Sure, I shouldn't have blown up over such a statement. I should have realized how tasteful this joke was. I am such a jerk to have a problem with this.

I'm sorry guys, Kilpatrick is a caring, gentle man, who is sensitive about family rape, deceitful sexual activities, and anything relating to 9/11 apparently.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Sun May 23, 2010 11:05 pm

Again, this joke was way after you had already shown you were crazy. It's not like you posted your terrible essay and I made that joke right afterward. And besides even you admitted it was funny. :lol:

Always Credited

Gold

Post by Always Credited » Sun May 23, 2010 11:06 pm

recaldo wrote:
--ImageRemoved--

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 11:07 pm

romothesavior wrote:
recaldo wrote:
Bahahahaha... No. We are not mocking it. Clarence Darrow is my hero. And John Adams defense of the British at the Boston Massacre is another one of my favorite legal hero moments.

We are mocking YOU for being a jerk to everyone on TLS. That's what we're mocking. (And some were probably mocking your terrible writing skills)
I guess you have no intention of emulating the morals and ideas embodied in these men. You think Clarrence Darrow told someone who was the victim of rape to "killself?" Or someone who was a victim of 9/11? You fail.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Again, this joke was way after you had already shown you were crazy. It's not like you posted your terrible essay and I made that joke right afterward. And besides even you admitted it was funny. :lol:
No I did not.

Kilpatrick

Silver

Post by Kilpatrick » Sun May 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Actually you did, but now I see you went back and edited that post out. Luckily it's quoted for posterity elsewhere.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 pm

recaldo wrote:
romothesavior wrote: Bahahahaha... No. We are not mocking it. Clarence Darrow is my hero. And John Adams defense of the British at the Boston Massacre is another one of my favorite legal hero moments.

I guess you have no intention of emulating the morals and ideas embodied in these men. You think Clarrence Darrow told someone who was the victim of rape to "killself?" Or someone who was a victim of 9/11? You fail.
First of all, if your life circumstances are true, then I am very sorry for them. I wouldn't wish that on anybody and I'm sorry that shit happened. But they do not entitle you to come in here and act like a total jackass to everyone and then turn around and take the high road when we attack you for it. Maybe some posters earlier were out of line, but your behavior is absolutely atrocious. You are either a very, very skilled troll or you are a person who lacks any notion of respect.

And yes, I did tell you to killself. Right after you sent me an unwarranted PM attacking my future school.

recaldo

Bronze

Post by recaldo » Sun May 23, 2010 11:27 pm

romothesavior wrote:
recaldo wrote:
romothesavior wrote: Bahahahaha... No. We are not mocking it. Clarence Darrow is my hero. And John Adams defense of the British at the Boston Massacre is another one of my favorite legal hero moments.

First of all, if your life circumstances are true, then I am very sorry for them. I wouldn't wish that on anybody and I'm sorry that shit happened. But they do not entitle you to come in here and act like a total jackass to everyone and then turn around and take the high road when we attack you for it. Maybe some posters earlier were out of line, but your behavior is absolutely atrocious. You are either a very, very skilled troll or you are a person who lacks any notion of respect.

And yes, I did tell you to killself. Right after you sent me an unwarranted PM attacking my future school.
You are backtracking from your original, hurtful, insensitive, and offensive comments about everything from abuse and more. I am glad you have seen the errors of your ways and that you now "do not wish that[sic] on anybody." Thank you for this. I hope other people reading this are comforted that at least one of you have decided to show some sensitivity towards the community and humanity's struggles in general.

I refuse to respect someone who is making fun of these types of disadvantaged, weaker people. I'm sorry. Like I said, I am glad you have changed your behavior and become remoreseful, and hopefully this experience will open your eyes a little. But to criticize my response to your monsterous behavior and words and to demean the response by saying it is I who has no respect for peoples, that it is MY behavior who is atrocious. Well then, I am sorry, I will admit I had not an ounce of respect for you and your gang of trolls and stand by this atrocious behavior. You earned it.

Edit: Oh, and thank you for admitting that you think suicide is funny. We will let this pass, just call you ignorant, and let those on this board who may have had someone close commit suciide know that my "atrocious behavior" caused you to say it.
Last edited by recaldo on Sun May 23, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”