Feedback on risky PS. Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
whitegrape

New

Feedback on risky PS.

Post by whitegrape » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:26 am

I posted a question a couple days ago about writing a personal statement that touches on molestation, and I'm now looking for a few people who are willing to read it and provide me with brutally honest feedback. If you're interested, let me know and I will send it to you in a private message. I'm hoping to submit by tomorrow.

Thank you!

umichgrad

Bronze

Re: Feedback on risky PS.

Post by umichgrad » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:47 am

i'll take a look. but i'm warning you, i'll be brutal.

writetrack

New

Post by writetrack » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi,

Discussing molestation is a risky topic, yet if you are able to discuss this with an eye as to why it informs your decision to go to law school that it can definitely resonate with the admissions committees. I am happy to review it and give you expert feedback.

Relientkate

Bronze

Post by Relientkate » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm writing about a similar topic, and I've asked several law school reps about whether or not this is a good idea. The advice that I have received is that yes, if this topic can provide the adcomm with valuable information about why they should admit you then it is a fine topic to write about. They told me to stick to the factual information and try not to sound as if you are somehow blaming society as a whole about what happened.

If you haven't submitted yet, I'll gladly review.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”