Santa Clara University Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
M53201

Bronze

Re: Santa Clara University Class of 2011

Post by M53201 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:14 pm

yup. They told me they'll be handing out section assignments when we show up for orientation.

renwoshin

New

Post by renwoshin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:15 pm

oh i meant they would look at our law school apps and group us using those... but i guess it's random

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:25 pm

SO this is a randomly stupid question...what do you guys plan on eating during school?
bringing lunches to save money? buying lunches? lol

renwoshin

New

Post by renwoshin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:34 pm

hmm that's a good question actually; i don't know if there are good food places walking distance from the school but if there are, then i probably will eat out more. if there are only like... sandwich shops, then i'll probably bring lunch. i think it ultimately comes down to when i get bored of my own cooking (i only know how to make like 3 different dishes)

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:39 pm

There is a safeway and a taco bell super close. Also a CLUCK U.
I just worry that it will be too expensive eating out. And monotonous.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

renwoshin

New

Post by renwoshin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:51 pm

oh no... those arent good choices. i guess i'll be cooking a lot and increasing my repertoire. i'm going to be living a couple blocks from campus so i could just go back and cook. we could even cook together with a few people and split the grocery costs, it'll be cheaper in bulk.

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:18 pm

What's CLUCK U? sounds like a chicken place

renwoshin

New

Post by renwoshin » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:43 pm

it is... and they have this challenge where if you eat 10 spicy chickens they give you a t-shirt. and you have to sign a waiver before partaking; theyre known for their spicy chickens

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:45 pm

It is a chicken place. They make excellent wings

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:33 pm

10 spicy chickens eh? I'm going to have to seriously consider this challenge of theirs :twisted: .

ancorso

New

Post by ancorso » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:00 pm

M53201 wrote:10 spicy chickens eh? I'm going to have to seriously consider this challenge of theirs :twisted: .
Good luck taking that challenge. It is 10 Buffalo wings with the sauce from hell. They use a capsaicin extract that is hotter than habaneros. I have many friends who have tried.

One of them, after evacuating the contents of his stomach and home, proceeded to pet his dog. His hallucinated dog. It appears that the pain caused an overload of endorphins, which caused hallucination. The place is quite good, and they have gallon beers. Though we may not have the time to drink many of those.

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:04 pm

ancorso wrote:Good luck taking that challenge. It is 10 Buffalo wings with the sauce from hell. They use a capsaicin extract that is hotter than habaneros. I have many friends who have tried.

One of them, after evacuating the contents of his stomach and home, proceeded to pet his dog. His hallucinated dog. It appears that the pain caused an overload of endorphins, which caused hallucination.
Holy crap! :shock:
ancorso wrote:The place is quite good, and they have gallon beers. Though we may not have the time to drink many of those.
Holy crap! :D

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:08 pm

Niners49 owes me 12 atomic wings from cluck you after he lost a bet with me.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... ck#p625940

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ancorso

New

Post by ancorso » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:12 am

I was thinking about those gallon beers. Sure, we will be lacking in time to go there during school, but orientation, my friends, sounds like a great time for gallon beers and atomic wings/fingerlings. Anyone else?

ancorso

New

Post by ancorso » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:16 am

Also, how exactly do we apply for the Grad PLUS loans? I got a sheet form SCU somewhere along the way, but I can't for the life of me remember where the hell it is. Help, please?!

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 am

Gallons of beer at orientation (or just before orientation week) sounds good.
For the loans the first step is choosing a lender, there's a few on the SCU website and also a bunch of other ones. Most lenders have their own websites so you can go to the various websites and compare whatever it is that you want to compare. Then you can fill out the application for the loan (you can probably do it online). After that I guess you kinda get told what to do next by either the school or the lender. I filled my out and signed it online and everything, but I guess I'm just waiting to hear back from someone on that. Actually, maybe I should email the financial aid office at SCU and see what they have to say about the progress of my loan.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:51 am

Here is a link to the lenders for you to research.
--LinkRemoved--

I already applied for my loan. I chose Accessgroup but I also heard that Sallie Mae and All student loan was good too. Once you pick one, you apply online at their website. They ask what school you are going to and then you pick what amount you want to apply for. They remind you not to go over the budget allotted by the school because they will verify it later. After you are approved you can sign the MPN online with your fafsa pin.
Later if you want to edit the loan amount or of the school says you tried to take more than you were supposed to they edit it.

I'm in for cluck you and drinks during orientation!

M53201

Bronze

Post by M53201 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:18 am

I too applied for my loan via access group. Most of them seemed pretty much the same to me in terms of APR and other fees. Access group had the most friendly looking website.
On the access group website I signed my promissory note and everything but I haven't heard anything from the SCU side of things yet. I guess I'm still waiting for them to certify the loan. Not sure how long it usually takes the school to certify a loan, but hopefully everything will go smoothly.

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:19 am

M53201 wrote:I too applied for my loan via access group. Most of them seemed pretty much the same to me in terms of APR and other fees. Access group had the most friendly looking website.
On the access group website I signed my promissory note and everything but I haven't heard anything from the SCU side of things yet. I guess I'm still waiting for them to certify the loan. Not sure how long it usually takes the school to certify a loan, but hopefully everything will go smoothly.
Ditto.

I NEED information. Seriously.

Also: I need to stop facebooking in the middle of the night. I don't even like facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Santa-Cla ... 476550234#

valrp

New

Post by valrp » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:45 am

sjkarlina wrote:

Hmmm do they have veggie wings??

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:13 am

lol i dont know val...maybe if they have veggie chickens they can have veggie wings. m

Anyway that facebook link has a guy who is looking for a roommate. I thought I would repost his ad in case anyone on here needs a roommate.
HOUSING

hey all,

i'm going to be entering as a 1L this upcoming fall and i found a beautiful apt in santa clara that even has a little deck that looks out on a duck pond! but, my expected roommate just got a scholarship to USD, so i need another roommie. rent would be somewhere around $850/person

Please contact me via facebook message

Thanks!

sjk

Bronze

Post by sjk » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:29 am

One more thing: my coworker here at work is currently living in a 2bedroom apt just north of downtown SJ. He has rented a room to a SCU law student who just graduated and is moving out.
He is stressed out because he needs a roommate so I was like, VOILA! I will see if anyone on here wants to consider it.

He is a 30 year old passive workaholic (translate, hardly ever home). He has two small dogs that go with him everywhere. They are very friendly. The rent is 750 per month and you get your own bedroom. Split the utilities and he says they are no more than 100 a month. No credit check required but there is a 750 deposit. He is pretty laid back and like I said, hardly ever home.
There's my 411 for the day.

renwoshin

New

Post by renwoshin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:09 pm

so when have you guys wanted to go to law school? I wanted to go about 2 years ago during undergrad, when my summer internships as a programmer taught me that i would not want to work as one for the long term. i also discovered my love for the law and then i came to the decision; i might also be interested in business school down the line, but i feel like learning law now

ancorso

New

Post by ancorso » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 pm

valrp wrote:
sjkarlina wrote:
Hmmm do they have veggie wings??

No, but they have Veggie beer. ;)

Thanks for the help with the Grad PLUS Loans, everyone.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”