Cornell Law School 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
neskerdoo

Silver

Re: Cornell Law School 2011

Post by neskerdoo » Thu May 22, 2008 2:55 pm

well, I looked on the form I got a while ago from the Gannett health sevices, and there was a website on there. I think it was http://newstudents.cornell.edu, but I will check when I get home.

Once there, it asks if you know your NetID. If the answer is no, below the regular sign-in, you can put in your email address and other info, and then you can access the "next step" forms. I haven't filled out the form yet, but I kind of tested stuff, and was able to cycle through the pages and save my info.

xdistak

New

Post by xdistak » Thu May 22, 2008 5:21 pm

ty! i totally forgot about that gantt health thing at home when I moved for the summer.

logicianwannabe

New

Post by logicianwannabe » Sat May 24, 2008 4:41 pm

anybody been to hughes hall? how big are the rooms? know if they have a cleaning service for the bathrooms/kitchens?

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sun May 25, 2008 8:28 pm

on the ASW tour, the rooms seemed of typical dorm size... I wish I could remember that part better, but my brain was melting on the tour... the guide did say that there is a cleaning service, but that you have to do your own dishes... but he also said no one ever cooks, which I found to be the scariest moment of the weekend...

Anyone besides me still have zero idea of where they'll be living in less than three months?

joonbug

Bronze

Post by joonbug » Mon May 26, 2008 2:01 am

I went up there and got myself a nice little apartment. Nesker, from my visit there, I found a lot of "for rent" rooms in residential houses easily, but they often are not the nicest places to live in. And the word of mouth is that a lot of good apartments are usually taken before July, so a visit to Ithaca for apartment hunting might not be a bad idea in your situation.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

niclaw

New

Post by niclaw » Mon May 26, 2008 9:48 am

I am still out of the country, but just got a 1 bedroom via craigslist and the help of friends/family back home. I am a little nervous in that I haven't ever actually seen it, but that is totally outweighed by the relief of knowing I have a place to live next year... I hope it doesn't suck, but eh, it will certainly beat the place I am living now.

retasu

New

Post by retasu » Mon May 26, 2008 10:38 am

niclaw wrote:I am still out of the country, but just got a 1 bedroom via craigslist and the help of friends/family back home. I am a little nervous in that I haven't ever actually seen it, but that is totally outweighed by the relief of knowing I have a place to live next year... I hope it doesn't suck, but eh, it will certainly beat the place I am living now.
Pretty much same situation. It was a huge relief to get a place set up, though I am still scared I'm going to get there and it will look nothing like it was supposed to.

But if it does suck, I will just spend all my time in the library until I find a new place for next year. :lol:

gravity

New

Post by gravity » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 am

do you guys know when we find out about hughes?

retasu

New

Post by retasu » Wed May 28, 2008 8:38 am

Did anyone check out the gyms while at Cornell? Teagle and Noyes look like they're the closest to the law school. Were they nice? Crowded? Worth $145 a year?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

reverie

New

Post by reverie » Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 am

hey guys,
i'm a little freaked out because i don't remember any health forms... did they come in the mail with housing stuff? i would have totally missed the deadline for the health forms if it hadn't been mentioned here... besides that, the seat deposits and the other forms due in July (found on that website nesker posted), were there/are there any other things due soon? thanks for any help :)

LeahNic

Bronze

Post by LeahNic » Wed May 28, 2008 10:22 am

I think the health form and those next step forms in July are the only things we need. I have no idea where my health records are, and I'm pretty sure I need like 4 shots :-(.

I too am curious about the gym situation. My UG gym was just included in our fees, so I never thought about paying for it.

iwanttogotolawschool

New

Post by iwanttogotolawschool » Wed May 28, 2008 10:35 am

retasu wrote:Did anyone check out the gyms while at Cornell? Teagle and Noyes look like they're the closest to the law school. Were they nice? Crowded? Worth $145 a year?
Noyes is the new one, it has pretty good equipment, but because it's new it tends to get crowded. I personally don't like Teagle because they have an upstairs and a downstairs area so to get a full workout you often have to switch rooms. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if you didn't have to swipe in with the people in the new room, but unfortunately you do. This may seem like nothing to you, but I always found it annoying. Overall, I thought the $145 was very much worth it.

CampbellRh

Bronze

Post by CampbellRh » Wed May 28, 2008 1:58 pm

gravity wrote:do you guys know when we find out about hughes?

I got an email last thursday saying they had a spot for me and to sign in online and sign my contract.

I would guess this is how they are letting everyone know.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gravity

New

Post by gravity » Wed May 28, 2008 3:25 pm

CampbellRh wrote:

I got an email last thursday saying they had a spot for me and to sign in online and sign my contract.

ah i see.. when did you apply?
i applied pretty late (last week).. and i'm debating if/when i should go up there to find an apartment..

CampbellRh

Bronze

Post by CampbellRh » Wed May 28, 2008 7:09 pm

gravity wrote:
CampbellRh wrote:

ah i see.. when did you apply?
i applied pretty late (last week).. and i'm debating if/when i should go up there to find an apartment..
I applied early...like the day I got the packet...b/c i wanted to sure I would get it, so probably late april-ish?

I would begin to apartment search a little bit if I were you--I spoke to the graduate housing director on the phone and she seemed to imply that everything was filled (b/c I got an XL room and wanted to switch to a smaller room, and she said all assignments were already made). :(...sorry to be the debbie-downer.

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Fri May 30, 2008 7:41 pm

We're sliding down the page... what should we chat about? I say the Mets or the upcoming school year...

retasu

New

Post by retasu » Sat May 31, 2008 5:15 am

BUMP.

...Errr. So.

I got that e-mail about all the fun forms to fill out for Stafford loans. Oh god. I can't decide which is more painful: filling out all these financial forms again or getting the 4 shots I'm going to need for the health forms.

The excitement for the new school year is slowly changing to trepidation, too, as reality sinks in. My "zomg LAW SCHOOL! :twisted: " is being replaced by "zomg...law school... :shock: ". How is everyone else feeling?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

CampbellRh

Bronze

Post by CampbellRh » Sat May 31, 2008 4:39 pm

retasu wrote:BUMP.

...Errr. So.

I got that e-mail about all the fun forms to fill out for Stafford loans. Oh god. I can't decide which is more painful: filling out all these financial forms again or getting the 4 shots I'm going to need for the health forms.

The excitement for the new school year is slowly changing to trepidation, too, as reality sinks in. My "zomg LAW SCHOOL! :twisted: " is being replaced by "zomg...law school... :shock: ". How is everyone else feeling?
pretty much the same.

and FYI-the process for accepting the stafford loans was not bad at all...the whole thing probably took me an hour. the first two forms took about 3 min. to print and fill out. the MPN is alot of reading, but goes fast, and the entrance counseling is 1/2 common sense, 1/2 important stuff that you should probably learn anyway, so it's not a complete waste of time.

and I have not even thought about the health forms yet! :?

fsohn

Bronze

Post by fsohn » Sat May 31, 2008 5:43 pm

I did the loan forms before the email. Does that mean I have to do them again?

VirusNY

New

Post by VirusNY » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:36 am

I called today and was told that the loan forms don't have to be in until the end of June. Does anyone remember when the medical forms are due? I have no idea where my medical records are (have had like 4 doctors the last 4 years)... Maybe my undergrad has the records that are needed...

LeahNic

Bronze

Post by LeahNic » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:04 am

I have no idea either--but I think your undergrad would have to have them. That's where I plan to start looking.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CampbellRh

Bronze

Post by CampbellRh » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:35 am

VirusNY wrote:I called today and was told that the loan forms don't have to be in until the end of June. Does anyone remember when the medical forms are due? I have no idea where my medical records are (have had like 4 doctors the last 4 years)... Maybe my undergrad has the records that are needed...
Due June 13, I believe. You have to fill some it out online, and then have your doctor do part of it I guess.

Starting that this afternoon... :| fun stuff, I'm sure.

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:07 pm

CampbellRh wrote:
VirusNY wrote:I called today and was told that the loan forms don't have to be in until the end of June. Does anyone remember when the medical forms are due? I have no idea where my medical records are (have had like 4 doctors the last 4 years)... Maybe my undergrad has the records that are needed...
Due June 13, I believe. You have to fill some it out online, and then have your doctor do part of it I guess.

Starting that this afternoon... :| fun stuff, I'm sure.
I got my tetanus shot yesterday and my arm feels likes it's going to fall off.

KidA23

New

Post by KidA23 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm

I think Noyes is the new, nice fitness center that is relatively close to MTH. I walked up to it during my last trip to Ithaca, though didn't venture inside. Here are some pics from the Cornell website-

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Here's a map of Cornell and where the 4 gyms are. I *think* MTH is the building right beneath the Q in the label ENGINEERING QUAD in the bottom-right corner of the map-

--ImageRemoved--

kn6542

Silver

Post by kn6542 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:23 pm

They have CLIMBING WALLS too!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”