Georgetown Law Class of 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
bryguy

New

Re: Georgetown Law Class of 2011

Post by bryguy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:28 am

nicola.kirwan wrote:Do any of you know if the US State Department recruits from Georgetown Law?
A LOT!

yodelayheehoo

New

Post by yodelayheehoo » Fri May 08, 2009 9:12 am

Just for the people who were thinking about neighborhoods -- don't count out places like Logan Square, U Street, and Columbia Heights. They've undergone a tremendous turnaround in the last 5 years or so -- super-safe (for the single girls from New England that were worrying -- I'm one of those too!), closer to downtown and the Capitol than anything on Connecticut Ave (at least Logan Square and U Street are), and I would say have more character too -- and most importantly, are cheaper than your Woodley/Cleveland Park options. Once you get too far up Connecticut, you either get a family atmosphere -- or if you go really far up, lots of AU students.

Another neighborhood, for people not put off by a place that is still arguably in transition but seems pretty safe, is LeDroit Park. It's on Florida in NW, near Howard U, and getting super spruced-up. Cheaper rents, and the 96 bus (which goes straight to the Capitol) is right there.

Also, Eastern Market area is REALLY nice. Don't be put off by the fact that the street addresses say SE -- Southeast doesn't start to feel unsafe until you're south of the highway. And it's quite close to the Capitol.

laws555

New

Post by laws555 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Future Hoyas,

I did not go to gtown law, but another dc school, and I am transferring to a school in NY. Therefore, my room in chinatown is available for sublet. Because there are 2 other roommates it is cheap. Huge room, huge bathroom for yourself. 3 blocks from school. The building is filled with young people and gulc students. Please let me know.

rb23

New

Post by rb23 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:58 pm

Hey I know this is going to sound kinda douchey, and i don't mean it to sound like that, but i kinda need to ask. I got into gtown on the 6th, but columbia ed on the 7th. I withdrew my application from gtown on the 7th via a short, but cordial email and i just received my admissions letter. I went to gtown for undergrad. The dean hand wrote at the bottom that he wishes i would remain a hoya and that the school would be a great fit for me for a, b, and c. I already felt bad about turning down my alma mater in the first place, but the message makes me feel worse. I was wondering if the handwriting on the admissions letter was standard or not, so i know whether i should write a longer letter to the admissions office saying how important gtown has been for me and withdraw my application in a warmer fashion.

BilderMoss

New

Post by BilderMoss » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 pm

It's standard, I got it too.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bryguy

New

Post by bryguy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:59 pm

we're done bitches! phew!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”