University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Locked
User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:13 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:I'd rather live in a nice place further out, plus I don't want to have to move again. And all of you guys will be close to the parties so i'll just crash on your couches. or in that room we're getting, wells :wink:
You can crash on my heart-shaped waterbed anytime. And don't mind the scented candles, pale of champagne, or Barry White in the background... they're how I relax... after studying... or something like that 0:-)

Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:15 pm

Wells relaxing after class, tending his garden of love:

Image

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:22 pm

I'm no one-trick pony. Occasionally some lilacs and Marvin Gaye get thrown into the mix.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:24 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:I'm no one-trick pony. Occasionally some lilacs and Marvin Gaye get thrown into the mix.
Could you play some al green for me?

Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:25 pm

This thread is turning into a Jamie Foxx song....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:27 pm

At least it hasn't turned into a Frank Zappa song...

Yet.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia

Silver
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:28 pm

Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:29 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?
Dude. Banning ninjas and ducks is one thing. But where there are pirates, there are wenches. And who wants to live in a wench-free zone?

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:30 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?

Carriage Hill!!! Please someone else live there!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:31 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?
I have a sexy pirate costume, is that going to be a problem?

User avatar
aguyingeorgia

Silver
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:33 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?
I have a sexy pirate costume, is that going to be a problem?
I have hereby changed my stance on pirates, and look forward to walking the plank.

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:34 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?
I have a sexy pirate costume, is that going to be a problem?
I have hereby changed my stance on pirates, and look forward to walking the plank.
Good man.

User avatar
aguyingeorgia

Silver
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:37 pm

In fact, if I go to UVA, I'll have a cook-out, followed by a dress-like-a-pirate, drink-like-a-fish-party.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:Are there any apartment complexes that don't allow ducks, ninjas, or pirates?
I have a sexy pirate costume, is that going to be a problem?
I have hereby changed my stance on pirates, and look forward to walking the plank.
Good man.
You better believe I'll be wearing it this Halloween or to a pirate-themed party (one can only hope).

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:40 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:In fact, if I go to UVA, I'll have a cook-out, followed by a dress-like-a-pirate, drink-like-a-fish-party.
And I'll follow up soon thereafter by hosting a dress-like-a-fish, drink-like-a-pirate party.
cantwaitforuva wrote:You better believe I'll be wearing it this Halloween or to a pirate-themed party (one can only hope).
Got a mermaid costume, too?

User avatar
aguyingeorgia

Silver
Posts: 536
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:09 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:41 pm

I'll have the party for that alone.

TLS DRESS-LIKE-A-PIRATE, DrinK-like-a-fish Bash.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:46 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
aguyingeorgia wrote:In fact, if I go to UVA, I'll have a cook-out, followed by a dress-like-a-pirate, drink-like-a-fish-party.
And I'll follow up soon thereafter by hosting a dress-like-a-fish, drink-like-a-pirate party.
cantwaitforuva wrote:You better believe I'll be wearing it this Halloween or to a pirate-themed party (one can only hope).
Got a mermaid costume, too?
I had one in elementary school, but i'm pretty sure it won't fit now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:52 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
Wellsfargowagon wrote:Got a mermaid costume, too?
I had one in elementary school, but i'm pretty sure it won't fit now.
Ah, that's okay. I was just looking for an excuse to break out my Aquaman costume. I'm sure your pirate getup will shiver many a timber.

Word of warning to you all... that's just the beginning of my bad pun repertoire. At least with Bilko around, I'll be in good company.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:
Wellsfargowagon wrote:Got a mermaid costume, too?
I had one in elementary school, but i'm pretty sure it won't fit now.
Ah, that's okay. I was just looking for an excuse to break out my Aquaman costume. I'm sure your pirate getup will shiver many a timber.

Word of warning to you all... that's just the beginning of my bad pun repertoire. At least with Bilko around, I'll be in good company.
No excuse needed to break out an Aquaman costume. And I'm all for the bad puns :D

User avatar
Kompressor

Bronze
Posts: 141
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:51 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Kompressor » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:55 pm

I'm not going to UVA but when I was up in Boston visiting law schools I went out with my friend who lives there to one of his friend's house parties. Like half the girls there were from UVA and they were very nice to look at.

That's all, and God bless America.

User avatar
hokiefan

New
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:41 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by hokiefan » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:04 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:
hokiefan wrote:Does anyone have any idea how far Graduate Center is from the school? If it were close the school, it seems like a fairly inexpensive place to live for the area.
Hokiefan, will you wear maroon and orange with me to that game...
Of course. I've been rooting against UVA for twenty one years of my life and there is no way that I'm changing my colors now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
lishi

Silver
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:13 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
lishi wrote:Oh ok thanks. I'm trying to think positive, and keep telling myself that UVA will accept me. That and looking at apartments is fun!!!

So far it looks like if I get in, I would like Lakeside. It's in my price range and allows for my kitten. :D
Check out carriage hill. same price as lakside, but newer. please come live at CH, i don't want to be the only one!
I looked at carriage hill and they are a little bit more expensive than lakeside. Since my parents are helping me pay for this, it's up to them. But maybe I can agree to take out the extra loans to pay for it to stay there. They definitely look a bit nicer than lakeside.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:19 pm

lishi wrote:I looked at carriage hill and they are a little bit more expensive than lakeside. Since my parents are helping me pay for this, it's up to them. But maybe I can agree to take out the extra loans to pay for it to stay there. They definitely look a bit nicer than lakeside.
Gotcha. I'm looking at a 2br and the prices are pretty much the same and CH has about 100 extra square feet, so it makes sense for me.

User avatar
lishi

Silver
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 2:53 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by lishi » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:22 pm

Also besides being bigger apartments, Carriage Hill has an indoor hot tub. I love hot tubs!!!!!!

But then the lake and the "white sandy beach" sounds nice too.

User avatar
Wellsfargowagon

Bronze
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:26 pm

lishi wrote:Also besides being bigger apartments, Carriage Hill has an indoor hot tub. I love hot tubs!!!!!!
Indoor hot tub?! Seriously? Cantwait, I'm crashing at your place instead. Hope you don't mind :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”