University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cantwaitforuva

Silver

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:38 pm

ubuntu wrote:j-rod, can i have that celebratory drink now, please?

i got into uva yesterday :) class of 2011!
Congrats! Yay more UVA people. And ubuntu I hope I didn't scare you off on that other thread which will remain nameless. I had just woken up when I wrote that stuff, so my defenses were up.

ubuntu

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by ubuntu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:58 pm

i just got into uva on friday and want to find a roommate.

info about me! (eestiarmastus i saw your post awhile back and think we might be a good fit, but i'm allergic to some cats :? )

i'm 22, don't smoke, not bringing pets or a car (need something close to the school or someone who is willing to schlep me around)

i LOVE baseball and football (boston girl --> red sox / patriots)
i love beer. and i played softball in high school so i am ready to go.
i'm clean, not a freak about it but like to keep things somewhat OK.
i'll live with guys or girls.

aaaanyone?? i also want to minimize cost.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:05 pm

If you want to live cheaply within walking distance, your 2 best choices are probably joining me in the minority at Graduate Centre ( --LinkRemoved-- ) which is a ~5 minute walk to the school and ~2 minute walk to Barracks or joining a lot of 1Ls who live in Ivy Gardens ( http://ivygarden.com/ ) which is a ~10 minute walk to the school and ~15 minute walk to Barracks.

I'm sure we'd get along fine except for that major flaw of liking the Red Sox. :evil:

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:08 pm

gladiator wrote:If you want to live cheaply within walking distance, your 2 best choices are probably joining me in the minority at Graduate Centre ( --LinkRemoved-- ) which is a ~5 minute walk to the school and ~2 minute walk to Barracks or joining a lot of 1Ls who live in Ivy Gardens ( http://ivygarden.com/ ) which is a ~10 minute walk to the school and not really walking distance to Barracks.

I'm sure we'd get along fine except for that major flaw of liking the Red Sox. :evil:
OOOH SNAP BIOTCH don't tell me you like the yankees. BRAWL.

what's wrong with graduate centre ... not so nice?

oh i forgot to add that for a girl i really like video games. but typically the girly kind, i.e. mario kart. and i play a mean bass on rock band.

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:10 pm

I LOVE DRUNK MARIO KART!! i have a mean power slide!!! :twisted:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:12 pm

There's really nothing wrong with Graduate Centre as far as I know other than sharing the living room/kitchen with 3 other grad students which I don't really mind. You get your own room and bathroom so there is private space and it's very convenient to everywhere. For whatever reason though, Ivy Gardens is the bigger social center, not that you couldn't walk there if you wished. Ivy apparently draws a lot more 1Ls though.

Yea, sorry, Yankees fan.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:14 pm

gladiator wrote:There's really nothing wrong with Graduate Centre as far as I know other than sharing the living room/kitchen with 3 other grad students which I don't really mind. You get your own room and bathroom so there is private space and it's very convenient to everywhere. For whatever reason though, Ivy Gardens is the bigger social center, not that you couldn't walk there if you wished. Ivy apparently draws a lot more 1Ls though.

Yea, sorry, Yankees fan.
haha don't apologize, i'm just kidding. i think the yankees are an amazing team, and without the rivalry loving the red sox wouldn't be nearly as much fun. :P

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Definitely bringing my PS3 to law school but generally I only play sports games. I could drag my N64 down there too perhaps to play old school classics like Mario Kart and Diddy Kong Racing.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:14 pm

Holly Madison wrote:I LOVE DRUNK MARIO KART!! i have a mean power slide!!! :twisted:
YES.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

doublehoo22

New

Post by doublehoo22 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:25 pm

I plan on getting the Mario Kart game for Wii whenever it comes out. That game is a classic.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 pm

Wow, you know you're not paying attention to the music you're listening to when it takes over an hour to realize you had it on repeat and have had the same song on the whole time. :shock: I guess that counts as commitment to UVa when it distracts so much from everything else.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:44 pm

I've just started to get a little scared. It's scary to realize you have to start all over again (ie find all new friends, etc.). I hope we bond quickly, I need a good support system.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:47 pm

You'll be going in a lot better off than most. There's like a dozen of us in the UVA threads who have bonded already. Most people will be pretty much at square one in August.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:41 am

Congrats, ubuntu! Welcome to our big happy (sometimes dysfunctional) family that is UVA Law.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:53 am

so i was wondering where everyone was tonight and then i realized i'm lame for being home on a saturday night - but i spent $40 on three drinks and a cab last night and i cannot sustain that kind of spending.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:27 am

Ubuntu -- congrats, welcome to the gang! 8)

There are a lot of postings on the UVA admitted students forums about girls wanting to live in ivy gardens, which is close to campus.

Cantwait -- I thought everyone was so friendly at the ASW!!! Everyone is going to be looking to make friends when we first get there, so it'll be fine. I'm excited :) I am really ready to leave UG...

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:34 am

Holly Madison wrote:yay ubuntu! just please don't hate me! :)

<-- super girly girl
HOLLY WITHDRAW FROM YOUR OTHER SCHOOLS AND SEND IN YOUR DEPOSIT SO WE CAN SIGN A LEASE, AHHHH!!!! ;) I mean, at this point, how could you go to law school without us!?!

Lishi -- good luck! Very smart to do an interview so early, I hope it works out for you :) And as cantwait said, I am a brunette (AND I have a snobby pet!) so it's all good :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 am

First off . . . Go Cubs!!

Second . . . F*ck UNC!!

Third . . . I'm wasted!!!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 am

sialeeds wrote:Ubuntu -- congrats, welcome to the gang! 8)

There are a lot of postings on the UVA admitted students forums about girls wanting to live in ivy gardens, which is close to campus.

Cantwait -- I thought everyone was so friendly at the ASW!!! Everyone is going to be looking to make friends when we first get there, so it'll be fine. I'm excited :) I am really ready to leave UG...
I'm ready to leave ug too, i'm just nervous about starting from scratch again.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 am

ubuntu wrote:j-rod, can i have that celebratory drink now, please?

i got into uva yesterday :) class of 2011!

I owe drinks to multiple women now . . . awesome!!!

Things are lookin' up!!

And I love watchin football and baseball . . . and NASCAR . . . and NCAA football and basketball, and swimming, and NHL, etc.

and I heart beer . . . we'd make great roommates . . . but I make no promises that I wouldn't flirt w/ you! hehe!
Last edited by J-Rod on Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:49 am

sialeeds wrote: HOLLY WITHDRAW FROM YOUR OTHER SCHOOLS AND SEND IN YOUR DEPOSIT SO WE CAN SIGN A LEASE, AHHHH!!!! ;) I mean, at this point, how could you go to law school without us!?!
aw, i want to!!!!!!!! i am seriously going to be heartbroken if i get into one of my top choices. how weird does that sound?????

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:50 am

Yay you guys are up too!

I wish I was wasted (or rather, pleasantly tipsy)... I drank my wine way too slowly :/

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:53 am

Holly Madison wrote:
sialeeds wrote: HOLLY WITHDRAW FROM YOUR OTHER SCHOOLS AND SEND IN YOUR DEPOSIT SO WE CAN SIGN A LEASE, AHHHH!!!! ;) I mean, at this point, how could you go to law school without us!?!
aw, i want to!!!!!!!! i am seriously going to be heartbroken if i get into one of my top choices. how weird does that sound?????
Not weird at all! I was heartbroken at first when I got into UVA (translation: three more years of having to fly to see my boyfriend). But then I got over it ;)

But I am talking to two other people who are potentially interested in living with me, but I want to live with youuuuu Holly, and I might have to sign a lease with someone else in like a month-ish if you don't know by then :(

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:53 am

sialeeds wrote:Yay you guys are up too!

I wish I was wasted (or rather, pleasantly tipsy)... I drank my wine way too slowly :/

I just got back from seeing the best cover band in the midwest play at a bar in town . . . went with a bunch of friends . . . now I'm back here, cause they're all dating people, and my roommate followed his new girl back home . . . and I'm teh singlez

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:55 am

I went over to a friend's for dinner at 7 and magically came home at 2:30. Dinner turned into dessert turned into 5 bottles of wine turned into poker / watching R. Kelly's "In the Closet." Fun, relaxed night :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”