University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Locked
Nike6075

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Nike6075 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:53 pm

EDIT: Figured it out.
Last edited by Nike6075 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:06 pm

Nike6075 wrote:Anybody find a set of keys during/after last night? I'm trying to piece my life together, and I figured this might be a decent start. Thanks.



hahaha, those are your keys!! Jeff Change has them at his place!

greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:19 pm

umm...those keys were apparently my roommate's... not sure i can help you with your keys?

Nike6075

New
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:02 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Nike6075 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:21 pm

EDIT: Figured it out.
Last edited by Nike6075 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the1dukegirl

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by the1dukegirl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Also, Leslie and I are gonna go see the Dark Knight tomorrow at 7:30, so let me know if you want to join us and we can figure out rides/meeting times/etc. when we know if anyone else wants to join our behind-the-times selves.

Because you know your liver wants/needs a night off... :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


User avatar
ouva

New
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:30 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ouva » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:52 pm

the1dukegirl wrote:Also, Leslie and I are gonna go see the Dark Knight tomorrow at 7:30, so let me know if you want to join us and we can figure out rides/meeting times/etc. when we know if anyone else wants to join our behind-the-times selves.

Because you know your liver wants/needs a night off... :)


ive already seen it, but id be up for going again!!!

also - who wants to go see pineapple express with me?

Rach2828

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Rach2828 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:19 pm

Anyone interested in doing a day trip over to Shenandoah National Park/Skyline Drive on Thursday to drive around and do some hiking? I'd be willing to drive (not that I know where I'm going... :shock: ) Send me a message or call me (301-980-5778)!

User avatar
Waterman47

Bronze
Posts: 154
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Waterman47 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:32 am

Just to make sure, we haven't received section assignments and schedules yet, right? Everyone keeps asking me if I've bought my books and I'm starting to wonder if I'm out of the loop.

Finally moved in and unpacked.. love Avemore so far.

Does anyone wanna get together and play some soccer this week? There are nice fields right across the street from Avemore. I'm down to play bball as well in the next few days. Also wouldn't mind doing some outdoorsy stuff at some point before school if anyone is up for that. And if anyone at Avemore (or anywhere else) wants to come over and watch some Olympics or something, PM me.

greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:41 am

we are playing bball at the main gym at 2PM today.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
OnceLost

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by OnceLost » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:33 am

I keep hearing that section assignments come out on Friday, Waterman, but I'm not sure where to look for them. There are first class reading assignments posted on a bulletin board in the Slaughter Hall, though. Unfortunately, they're listed by section (of course), so I think a bunch of people will be trickling through that hallway on their way to the bookstore Friday.

User avatar
rayallen20

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 8:07 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by rayallen20 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 am

greygoose wrote:we are playing bball at the main gym at 2PM today.


I'll be there. Hopefully we all don't get schooled by a bunch of high school teenagers again. Kind of embarrassing.

User avatar
Probity

New
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:20 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Probity » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:12 am

OnceLost wrote:I keep hearing that section assignments come out on Friday, Waterman, but I'm not sure where to look for them. There are first class reading assignments posted on a bulletin board in the Slaughter Hall, though. Unfortunately, they're listed by section (of course), so I think a bunch of people will be trickling through that hallway on their way to the bookstore Friday.


They will both be posted online and supposedly in that same area as the reading assignments as well. This is what the lady in "Student Records" conveyed, at any rate.

User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:17 am

I'm going to be out of town tonight and first part of tomorrow. My brother is going back to Iraq so I'm going home for the night to see him and to the airport tomorrow

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
OnceLost

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by OnceLost » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Probity wrote:They will both be posted online and supposedly in that same area as the reading assignments as well. This is what the lady in "Student Records" conveyed, at any rate.


More information: it will also be posted in hard copy form at the Registrar's office at the law school. I'm not sure which office that is, but I'm sure Cindy, the incredibly nice receptionist, can direct us there.

greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:36 pm

break from bball tomorrow. we're heading to the law school field for softball at 3PM tomorrow. bring a glove/cleats/etc. one of us has a bat and some balls. i'll bring some beer, cuz it's still cluttering my fridge...

User avatar
nipplehead

Bronze
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:58 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by nipplehead » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:08 pm

yo im finally moved into the woodlands

anyone doin anything tonight? one of my roommates, jrod, aint around and the other, mike, is off somewhere atm

satchelGD

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:06 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by satchelGD » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:05 pm

greygoose wrote:break from bball tomorrow. we're heading to the law school field for softball at 3PM tomorrow. bring a glove/cleats/etc. one of us has a bat and some balls. i'll bring some beer, cuz it's still cluttering my fridge...


ive got a bat and a bag of baseballs, if noone is averse to hitting baseballs rather than softballs... i'll be there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:54 pm

Reposting the section schedules. There's a rumor they've already been posted in the law school (though they're not online as of now). They'll certainly be available by Friday.

A:
Torts TRF 8:30-9:50
LRW M 10:00-11:00
Contracts TWRF 10:00-11:00
CivPro TRF 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

B:
Torts TRF 8:30-9:50
LRW M 10:00-11:00
Conracts TWRF 10:00-10:50
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:10
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

C:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:50
Contracts MTWRF 10:00-11:20 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)
LRW M 1:00-2:00
CivPro TWF 2:10-3:25
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

D:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:45
LRW M 10:00-11:00
Contracts TWF 10:00-11:15
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MW 3:40-5:00

E:
Torts TWF 8:30-9:45
LRW W 10:00-11:00
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw WR 3:40-5:00

F:
Torts TRF 8:30-9:50
Contracts MTWR 10:00-11:00
LRW M 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:00
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

G:
Torts TWF 8:30-9:45
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
LRW W 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:00
CrimLaw MTWRF 3:40-4:30 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)

H:
Torts MTWR 9:00-9:50
Contracts MTWRF 10:00-11:20 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)
LRW M 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:10
CrimLaw MW 3:40-5:00

I:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:45
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:15
LRW W 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

J:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:50
Contracts MTWRF 10:00-11:20 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)
LRW W 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MTWRF 3:40-4:30 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)

K:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:50
LRW W 10:00-11:00
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
CrimLaw MTW 1:00-2:00
CivPro TRF 2:10-3:30

L:
Torts TWR 9:00-9:45
LRW W 10:00-11:00
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MTWRF 3:40-4:30 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)

CaptainDirtyBird

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:30 pm

I get into town tomorrow afternoon (hopefully). Let me know what up.

rsr28

New
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:30 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by rsr28 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:31 pm

satchelGD wrote:
greygoose wrote:break from bball tomorrow. we're heading to the law school field for softball at 3PM tomorrow. bring a glove/cleats/etc. one of us has a bat and some balls. i'll bring some beer, cuz it's still cluttering my fridge...


ive got a bat and a bag of baseballs, if noone is averse to hitting baseballs rather than softballs... i'll be there.


I've got 2 softballs... I'll definitely be there tomorrow (assuming weather is good!!)

the1dukegirl

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by the1dukegirl » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 pm

gladiator wrote:Reposting the section schedules. There's a rumor they've already been posted in the law school (though they're not online as of now). They'll certainly be available by Friday.

A:
Torts TRF 8:30-9:50
LRW M 10:00-11:00
Contracts TWRF 10:00-11:00
CivPro TRF 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

B:
Torts TRF 8:30-9:50
LRW M 10:00-11:00
Conracts TWRF 10:00-10:50
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:10
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

C:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:50
Contracts MTWRF 10:00-11:20 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)
LRW M 1:00-2:00
CivPro TWF 2:10-3:25
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

D:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:45
LRW M 10:00-11:00
Contracts TWF 10:00-11:15
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MW 3:40-5:00

E:
Torts TWF 8:30-9:45
LRW W 10:00-11:00
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw WR 3:40-5:00

F:
Torts TRF 8:30-9:50
Contracts MTWR 10:00-11:00
LRW M 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:00
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

G:
Torts TWF 8:30-9:45
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
LRW W 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:00
CrimLaw MTWRF 3:40-4:30 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)

H:
Torts MTWR 9:00-9:50
Contracts MTWRF 10:00-11:20 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)
LRW M 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:10
CrimLaw MW 3:40-5:00

I:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:45
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:15
LRW W 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTWR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MWR 3:40-4:30

J:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:50
Contracts MTWRF 10:00-11:20 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)
LRW W 1:00-2:00
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MTWRF 3:40-4:30 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)

K:
Torts MWR 8:30-9:50
LRW W 10:00-11:00
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
CrimLaw MTW 1:00-2:00
CivPro TRF 2:10-3:30

L:
Torts TWR 9:00-9:45
LRW W 10:00-11:00
Contracts MTR 10:00-11:20
CivPro MTR 2:10-3:30
CrimLaw MTWRF 3:40-4:30 (Apparently meets 3 days/week, which days TBD)


I'm not the genius who thought to take pictures, but I am the nerd posting them. If you wanna see your section/whose in what section, go here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... id=1306165

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


gillespiea23

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:02 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gillespiea23 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 am

What an excellent idea! Thanks Rachel and photographer!

the1dukegirl

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:01 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by the1dukegirl » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:41 am

Does anyone know how/when they choose which days for the TBA ones?

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:52 am

I'd ask during orientation. I assume the professor will let you know on Day 1 but I don't know why they leave it open like that. Perhaps it's not the same 3 days every week?

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by sialeeds » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:55 am

tkm and I are together... classic :)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”