University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
J-Rod

Silver

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:30 pm

sialeeds wrote:I am officially moved in! I'm up for meeting up with people anytime (just not tomorrow, parents still in town)... PM me if you want to get together :) Especially if you live in the Woodlands... because I'm here.

J-Rod, I am stealing internet too... but it's not really stealing since we're all technically a part of the same internet plan...

haha, you and me can hang out AE . . . I need a pool buddy until my roommates get here . . . I didn't go today, cause I'd have been a loner. PS: I'm in Building #9/Unit 205

I'm thinking Tues night at BWW there off Barracks for $0.35 wing night. 7:00pm work for everyone?

And if anyone wants to get their adrenaline goin soon hit me up . . . I've found some awesome mountain roads up here and I need an excuse to burn gas on them!

jdrian

New

Post by jdrian » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Tuesday night works for me... see you guys there.

Waterman47

Bronze

Post by Waterman47 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:34 am

And if anyone wants to get their adrenaline goin soon hit me up . . . I've found some awesome mountain roads up here and I need an excuse to burn gas on them!
Speaking of gas, how much is a gallon in Charlottesville right now? Someone asked me this tonight and I realized I have no idea.

ouva

New

Post by ouva » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:34 am

7 on Tuesday sounds great, I'll see you guys there!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:18 am

Waterman47 wrote:
Speaking of gas, how much is a gallon in Charlottesville right now? Someone asked me this tonight and I realized I have no idea.

at one gas station premium was $4.09, at another it was $4.19 . . . I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for the cheap ones

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:22 am

J-Rod wrote:
Waterman47 wrote:
at one gas station premium was $4.09, at another it was $4.19 . . . I'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled for the cheap ones
Sam's Club on 29 is always the cheapest (if you're a member). I pretty much plan to get gas when I have 29-N errands.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:35 am

MissVirginia wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Waterman47 wrote:
Sam's Club on 29 is always the cheapest (if you're a member). I pretty much plan to get gas when I have 29-N errands.
hmm . . . all I can recommend, after working on cars for several years is that, look for the cheapest gas station in town, and go somewhere else. A lot of these places say they only dilute their gas w/ ethanol, but it's usually an ethanol/water mix, which is bad for your engine. If you get a bad batch of gas, and don't act quickly enough to siphon it out and get new gas, it can cause problems.

I hate high gas prices as much as the next guy, so I'm not trying to scare anyone off . . . . but cheap gas can cause some expensive problems. I usually stick with BP or Shell.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:37 am

Where: Buffalo Wild Wings in C-Ville

When: Tues. night at 7:00pm

List:

J-Rod
jdrian
ouva

If you wanna come, just add your name to the list . . . copy and paste to keep this thing goin

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:57 am

Waterman47 wrote:
at the stations near avemore gas is $3.87.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:59 am

So I'm back from vacation and I want to see you guys!

I'll be unpacking for a bit, but if anyone wants to do something late afternoon or tonight, PM me with your number and we can figure something out.

OnceLost

Bronze

Post by OnceLost » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:03 pm

Gas stations on 29 are around $3.78-$3.81 for low-octane.

I'll probably skip the chicken wing get-together. Kids really limit one's social schedule.

breanne2011

New

Post by breanne2011 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:22 pm

J-Rod wrote:Where: Buffalo Wild Wings in C-Ville

List:

J-Rod
jdrian
ouva
breanne

If you wanna come, just add your name to the list . . . copy and paste to keep this thing goin

Khordis

New

Post by Khordis » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:11 pm

List:

J-Rod
jdrian
ouva
breanne
Khordis

sweet mother of god, i'm going to be able to walk to the bar for the first time in my life. i'm not even going to walk, i'm just going to lie down at my front door and roll down the hill.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Khordis

New

Post by Khordis » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:15 pm

also, j-rod, i would like to formally submit my request to use you for your pool.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Khordis wrote:also, j-rod, i would like to formally submit my request to use you for your pool.
haha, request accepted, but you have to drive here yourself

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Khordis wrote:

List:

J-Rod
jdrian
ouva
breanne
Khordis
cantwait

rsr28

New

Post by rsr28 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:58 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
Khordis wrote:

List:

J-Rod
jdrian
ouva
breanne
Khordis
cantwait
rsr28 - 50%

I'm a definite maybe. I'm heading down on Tuesday, not sure what the timing might be!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:09 pm

List:

J-Rod
jdrian
ouva
breanne
Khordis
cantwait
rsr28 - 50%
sialeeds

J-Rod, there's a building 9???? I am the girl walking her corgi every frikkin' two seconds (he is traumatized from the move...)

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:13 pm

according to the property map I'm in #9. Which one are you in . . . and I'll keep an eye out for you and the Corgi

breanne2011

New

Post by breanne2011 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:28 pm

greygoose wrote:
J-Rod wrote:Anyone here want to get together a foursome for golf?
i want to learn how to play...not sure where i start? i can putt ok, chip a little, never really teed off though
take lessons with the golf pro at a course! That's what I'm doing...I haven't golfed in forever (and I was never all that great). I'm taking lessons at Birdwood, it's close to campus and I think it's where the UVA teams play.
http://www.boarsheadinn.com/activities/birdwood/

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:31 pm

sialeeds wrote:

List:
J-Rod
jdrian
ouva
breanne
Khordis
cantwait
rsr28 - 50%
sialeeds
tkm

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:23 pm

post edited because I ended up talking to sialeeds and tkm and they were both very cool!

btw, I'm hittin up the pool w/ khordis tomorrow if you wanna join

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:42 am

HEY EVERYONE! I've made my grand return to America! I've missed you all. :D

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:04 am

welcome back, how was s. america?

MissVirginia

Bronze

Post by MissVirginia » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:09 am

J-Rod wrote:
MissVirginia wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
Waterman47 wrote:Speaking of gas, how much is a gallon in Charlottesville right now? Someone asked me this tonight and I realized I have no idea.
hmm . . . all I can recommend, after working on cars for several years is that, look for the cheapest gas station in town, and go somewhere else. A lot of these places say they only dilute their gas w/ ethanol, but it's usually an ethanol/water mix, which is bad for your engine. If you get a bad batch of gas, and don't act quickly enough to siphon it out and get new gas, it can cause problems.

I hate high gas prices as much as the next guy, so I'm not trying to scare anyone off . . . . but cheap gas can cause some expensive problems. I usually stick with BP or Shell.
According to them, the Sam's here buys from BP. So it's BP gas bought in a much higher volume than the local shops, fresher as there are more frequent deliveries, but without the costly additives that are unnecessary in this region b/c of no emissions regs (apologies to the eco-friendly). Volume leads to the dime or so less per gallon. I don't know how much they are to be believed, but given that I've had no problems I'm inclined to trust them. If you hear otherwise I'm expecting you as our resident auto-guru to let me know! I need this car to last through law school. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”