University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Locked
cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:09 pm

can i get in on this drinking action or is it a guys only kinda thing? :wink:

User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:can i get in on this drinking action or is it a guys only kinda thing? :wink:
if you have single friends! hehe, j/k, the more the merrier! yay booze!

greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:12 pm

j-rod...we need to be more specific as future lawyers:

single female friends...

but yea booze is good. the more the merrier!

User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:22 pm

greygoose wrote:j-rod...we need to be more specific as future lawyers:

single female friends...

but yea booze is good. the more the merrier!

touche'

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by sialeeds » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:25 pm

rsr28 wrote:
gladiator wrote:On all of your financial aid status pages, does it say "not yet" next to "FAFSA Needs Analysis Received:"?

I submitted my FAFSA a long time ago so it should be received assuming they've updated that for anyone yet.
I sent mine in a couple months ago and it only went to received on March 26.
Yeah, when I called a couple weeks ago, they said they hadn't started to download them yet. I think March 26 is the day they started to.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:27 pm

That's when mine went too. That may have been why I got the email that day about the status change.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:46 pm

J-Rod wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:can i get in on this drinking action or is it a guys only kinda thing? :wink:
if you have single friends! hehe, j/k, the more the merrier! yay booze!
I am a single female, does that work? :D

User avatar
RudyGay

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by RudyGay » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:50 pm

thats refreshing... i heard there would be no single girls in law school.


on a different note, anyone want to tube down the james early in august.

Bun B

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Bun B » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:00 pm

RudyGay wrote:thats refreshing... i heard there would be no single girls in law school.


on a different note, anyone want to tube down the james early in august.

I'll hit it up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:03 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:can i get in on this drinking action or is it a guys only kinda thing? :wink:
if you have single friends! hehe, j/k, the more the merrier! yay booze!
I am a single female, does that work? :D
fo shizzle

User avatar
OldBlue

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:56 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by OldBlue » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:08 pm

a 3bd/3ba, 2-story townhouse at Huntington = ~470/month, without utilities. Are Grand Marc/Woodlands nice enough to justify the additional cost?

Wells, do you have any more thoughts on Huntington's interiors/amenities? I know in general you thought highly of it.

Bun B

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by Bun B » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:11 pm

OldBlue wrote:a 3bd/3ba, 2-story townhouse at Huntington = ~470/month, without utilities. Are Grand Marc/Woodlands nice enough to justify the additional cost?

Wells, do you have any more thoughts on Huntington's interiors/amenities? I know in general you thought highly of it.
Woodlands looks amazing however it is significantly further from the law school something to keep in mind.

User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:14 pm

OldBlue wrote:a 3bd/3ba, 2-story townhouse at Huntington = ~470/month, without utilities. Are Grand Marc/Woodlands nice enough to justify the additional cost?

Wells, do you have any more thoughts on Huntington's interiors/amenities? I know in general you thought highly of it.

After utilities you're lookin at about $600/mo at Huntington, I would think the $100 would be worth it. I haven't seen the interior of Huntington, but I'd doubt it's nearly as nice as the Woodlands.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by sialeeds » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm

It's seriously not a bad drive. My mom and I went through the neighborhood and it took less than 10 minutes. Apparently it's faster if you take the highway.

User avatar
RudyGay

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by RudyGay » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Bun B wrote:
RudyGay wrote:thats refreshing... i heard there would be no single girls in law school.


on a different note, anyone want to tube down the james early in august.

I'll hit it up.
glad you quoted me... i thought you were referring to the single female comment.

Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:48 pm

:lol:

I could definitely be game for that as well

Starr Hill Forever

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:13 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Starr Hill Forever » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to say hello to my future classmates.

I figured since the UVA Law 2011 thread has been front and center on TLS the past few days and I finally decided on UVA Law it was time for a quick meet and greet. I feel like I know a lot of you personally after reading your ridiculous number of posts from the shadowy lurker world. Yes, I guess that qualifies me as THAT creepy guy.

Anyways, I'm a UVA grad and have been living and working in C'ville the past year since my girlfriend is still in undergrad (of course I did not use this time to gain in-state residency, I'm an idiot to the tune of 5k a year). Anyways, if you have any Charlottesville questions you can send them my way--I know the place very well and would be happy to answer them.

Can't wait to see you all next year. I can attest that you all made a great choice to spend three years in C'ville. I've now been here five years and am looking forward to spending another three.

Now time to head out to a "classy" Bavarian bar for a steiner.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
tkm.

Bronze
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by tkm. » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 pm

sialeeds - how did the "state of the art" cardio studio look at the Woodlands?

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by sialeeds » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:03 pm

Welcome welcome! It's much more fun to post than it is to lurk! ;)

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by sialeeds » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:05 pm

It's frikkin' nuts. Like, 5 of each machine (this might be an exaggeration, but there were so many machines in there I couldn't process it all). Definitely no reason to ever have to hit up UVA's gyms...

I will need y'all to inspire me to get back in shape! I just had knee surgery and it has been bumming me out that I haven't been able to run since January, when I injured myself :( So... work out sessions!

User avatar
RudyGay

New
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by RudyGay » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Ok people, here is how this will work. Post up the following:
1. Some info about yourself
22 male.. i liek rudy gay and no i'm not urm.

2. How many roommates you're looking for
none i have some
3. What apartment complexes you are looking at
none i have a place
4. Whether you want to live in walking distance, or don't mind driving.
its driving but living with a 2l and he gets a better parking space so guess who is not driving to school
5. Smoking preference
no
6. Anything else you might think is useful.
i have a dog but he's small...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
J-Rod

Silver
Posts: 508
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:00 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by J-Rod » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:29 pm

sialeeds wrote:It's frikkin' nuts. Like, 5 of each machine (this might be an exaggeration, but there were so many machines in there I couldn't process it all). Definitely no reason to ever have to hit up UVA's gyms...

I will need y'all to inspire me to get back in shape! I just had knee surgery and it has been bumming me out that I haven't been able to run since January, when I injured myself :( So... work out sessions!

You looked pretty good at the ASW! 8)

I work out all the time, but nothing much changes . . . I stay in shape, but never get much bigger. I usually wash away my sorrows about it w/ some liquid courage

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by sialeeds » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:41 pm

J-Rod wrote:
sialeeds wrote:It's frikkin' nuts. Like, 5 of each machine (this might be an exaggeration, but there were so many machines in there I couldn't process it all). Definitely no reason to ever have to hit up UVA's gyms...

I will need y'all to inspire me to get back in shape! I just had knee surgery and it has been bumming me out that I haven't been able to run since January, when I injured myself :( So... work out sessions!

You looked pretty good at the ASW! 8)

I work out all the time, but nothing much changes . . . I stay in shape, but never get much bigger. I usually wash away my sorrows about it w/ some liquid courage
Why thank you! That means a lot... this injury thing has made me feel like an ugly duckling lately. I blame my nasty knee brace (which you guys DIDN'T get to see!) and my bloated knee. Eww.

My mom and I noticed that there are a million runners in Charlottesville. It was crazy!

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by gladiator » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:42 pm

The 3 br/3 ba townhouse in Huntington is a little deceiving because 1 bathroom is downstairs with no shower so it's not private bath. I would want my own after sharing with 5 others the last 2 years.

greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:43 pm

please don't post, i like it when you foggy up my outside windows as you watch me sleep. i get that stalked fuzzy feeling. k thx bye :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”