University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Locked
User avatar
SteelersandGators

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed May 14, 2008 1:29 am

Waterman and cantwaitforuva,

Thanks a bunch for the reviews.....I really do appreciate it.

I think I've decided on the Avemore....95% sure about it. I'm gonna sleep on it and make a final decision in the morning 8)

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Wed May 14, 2008 1:42 am

SteelersandGators wrote:Waterman and cantwaitforuva,

Thanks a bunch for the reviews.....I really do appreciate it.

I think I've decided on the Avemore....95% sure about it. I'm gonna sleep on it and make a final decision in the morning 8)


Keep us updated! When do you plan to move in?

User avatar
SteelersandGators

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by SteelersandGators » Wed May 14, 2008 1:46 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:
SteelersandGators wrote:Waterman and cantwaitforuva,

Thanks a bunch for the reviews.....I really do appreciate it.

I think I've decided on the Avemore....95% sure about it. I'm gonna sleep on it and make a final decision in the morning 8)


Keep us updated! When do you plan to move in?


Probably early August. I'm trying to milk as much time at home as possible. I live a mile from the beach and, well, I'm gonna make good use of it while I can :)

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 9:53 am

Khordis wrote:
ubuntu wrote:i spent a summer in ZA, too! where abouts were you??

coincidentally, my Biggest Asshat Professor was the professor on that trip.


Johannesburg for most of it, then we spent a couple of weeks in Cape Town, plus a few days in Pilanesburg and a couple of other random spots. What were you doing there?



grahamstown for awhile, then cape town for a week or so. it was a summer program through my undergrad focusing on NGOs and community development

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Wed May 14, 2008 9:56 am

UVa Law places better in Africa, true story. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Wed May 14, 2008 9:59 am

Capetown to 190k!

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 10:08 am

I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today

User avatar
OnceLost

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by OnceLost » Wed May 14, 2008 10:12 am

Excellent decision, ubuntu. We'll see you there!!

How're your softball skillz?

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 10:13 am

OnceLost wrote:Excellent decision, ubuntu. We'll see you there!!

How're your softball skillz?


i played in high school and am soooo excited to start up again

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Wed May 14, 2008 10:15 am

ubuntu wrote:I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today


Hooray! Don't worry, you made the right call. :D

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 10:17 am

gladiator wrote:
ubuntu wrote:I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today


Hooray! Don't worry, you made the right call. :D


oh i know i did. i just got some great news from them that made me know it's where i belong. i'm so happy!

Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Wed May 14, 2008 10:18 am

Ubuntu- in your skoolz, taking up all the moniez :P

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Wed May 14, 2008 10:20 am

ubuntu wrote:
gladiator wrote:
ubuntu wrote:I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today


Hooray! Don't worry, you made the right call. :D


oh i know i did. i just got some great news from them that made me know it's where i belong. i'm so happy!


Are they naming a building after you? That would win me over.

Edit: Sialeeds, apparently our great strategy session last night worked.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by sialeeds » Wed May 14, 2008 10:22 am

SgtBilko wrote:Ubuntu- in your skoolz, taking up all the moniez :P


Bilko, I swear it's because we're in-state (and because uh, we're both under the 25% quartile in different categories). But do we know of anyone with in-state status and a scholarship???

But congrats, Ubu!

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 10:23 am

thanks guys :)

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by sialeeds » Wed May 14, 2008 10:24 am

gladiator wrote:Edit: Sialeeds, apparently our great strategy session last night worked.


Gladiator: We must convince Ubu to stay!
Sia: Yeah, totally.

That was some session!

User avatar
tkm.

Bronze
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by tkm. » Wed May 14, 2008 10:26 am

sialeeds wrote:
gladiator wrote:Edit: Sialeeds, apparently our great strategy session last night worked.


Gladiator: We must convince Ubu to stay!
Sia: Yeah, totally.

That was some session!


hahahaha

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


triadolpho

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:54 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by triadolpho » Wed May 14, 2008 10:27 am

ubuntu wrote:I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today


Congrats!

gladiator wrote:Are they naming a building after you? That would win me over.


That would be kind of cool...

Hapless 1L: Hey, do you know where our Torts class is?
Gunner 1L: *pulls out map* Yeah, it's over in Ubuntu Hall 102.

User avatar
OnceLost

Bronze
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by OnceLost » Wed May 14, 2008 10:33 am

Hey, Ubuntu Hall is a little less intimidating than Wither and Slaughter...

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 11:00 am

i'm going to grab this thread and turn it to complete immaturity in 4 ... 3 ... 2 ... 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUJ4es4cYIU

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Wed May 14, 2008 11:10 am

Don't worry, it wasn't that mature to begin with.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
Khordis

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Khordis » Wed May 14, 2008 11:12 am

ubuntu wrote:I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today


i'm going to do my high-stepping victory march around the house. i guess this means i don't need to finish writing that song for you to convince you to stay. it was going to have a really touching video, too, with all of the TLSers together in the recording studio swaying back and forth as we sang.

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Wed May 14, 2008 11:16 am

Khordis wrote:
ubuntu wrote:I'M STICKING WITH UVA!! :) withdrawing from chicago today


i'm going to do my high-stepping victory march around the house. i guess this means i don't need to finish writing that song for you to convince you to stay. it was going to have a really touching video, too, with all of the TLSers together in the recording studio swaying back and forth as we sang.


:shock: :shock: :shock: it would have been glorious. i'm picturing it now, except with everyone's avatars since, you know, we all haven't actually met yet.

User avatar
gladiator

Silver
Posts: 1211
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 12:40 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by gladiator » Wed May 14, 2008 11:19 am

Facebook?

melbelle

New
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:29 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by melbelle » Wed May 14, 2008 11:25 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:I love how Avemore is gaining in popularity.

Signed:
Cantwait
Melbelle
Tkm
Rayallen
Another '11

???:
Waterman
Steelers

Waterman, did you sign?

YAY! we could have 7 of us there!


You know what this means, right? We'll need to reserve the theatre room for a TLS party. :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”