University of Virginia School of Law 2011

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Locked
greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Tue May 13, 2008 10:59 am

yea i know how it's pronounced, but i had to make the joke! glad tkm laughed.

indeed a beautiful day to study on the quad.

User avatar
sialeeds

Bronze
Posts: 438
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:47 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by sialeeds » Tue May 13, 2008 11:02 am

The humor has faded over the years ;)

Study? Who wants to study!?! Knock it out, greygoose... freedom feels pretty damn good 8)

greygoose

Bronze
Posts: 434
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:57 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by greygoose » Tue May 13, 2008 11:08 am

thx, last final tomorrow noon! i'll do my best!

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:09 am

I have two more papers between me and freedom. I have soooo little motivation.

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 am

i just got my financial aid and a small part of me died.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:16 am

ubuntu wrote:i just got my financial aid and a small part of me died.
why so late??

is it bad or are you just seeing loan numbers and freaking out like most of us?

User avatar
tkm.

Bronze
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by tkm. » Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:I have two more papers between me and freedom. I have soooo little motivation.
nooo you and grey can do it!

(ok I didn't have any motivation either but it's SO great to be finished)

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:19 am

tkm. wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:I have two more papers between me and freedom. I have soooo little motivation.
nooo you and grey can do it!

(ok I didn't have any motivation either but it's SO great to be finished)

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I can't wait to be done. It's just so hard to make that final push (that's what she said). On the up side I bought new pillows, a duvet, and beach towels for the new apt!

CaptainDirtyBird

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 am

Hello fellow UVArs...as of today, I will be one of you next year. I would just like to begin our next three years by apologizing to everyone I am going to offend.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


User avatar
tkm.

Bronze
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by tkm. » Tue May 13, 2008 11:21 am

haha I love how you're going on a shopping spree for the apt

when did I get so cheap? Oh yeah...when I saw those loans I'll be taking out

ubuntu

Bronze
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:01 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 13, 2008 11:21 am

cantwaitforuva wrote:
ubuntu wrote:i just got my financial aid and a small part of me died.
why so late??

is it bad or are you just seeing loan numbers and freaking out like most of us?
i was very awkwardly waitlisted --> accepted on april 4. just got a scholarship last week, too. all awkward, so awkward.

just the loan numbers. i know i'll be ok in the end but still. damn.

did anyone get work study? i was really hoping to get it, but now i'm thinking not having a part time job my first year would probably be better anyway.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:22 am

CaptainDirtyBird wrote:Hello fellow UVArs...as of today, I will be one of you next year. I would just like to begin our next three years by apologizing to everyone I am going to offend.
Yay!

So what level of offensive should we prepare for? Are we talking Holocaust jokes?

User avatar
Khordis

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Khordis » Tue May 13, 2008 11:23 am

ejones60 wrote: Sounds like fishing...
i think of it more as hanging around a playground with a box of candy sitting outside our van.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:24 am

ubuntu wrote:
did anyone get work study? i was really hoping to get it, but now i'm thinking not having a part time job my first year would probably be better anyway.
I'm surprised I didn't get work study because I've been awarded it all 4 years of ugrad. But I wouldn't have accepted it, not for 1L.

User avatar
tkm.

Bronze
Posts: 246
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by tkm. » Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 am

Khordis wrote:
ejones60 wrote: Sounds like fishing...
i think of it more as hanging around a playground with a box of candy sitting outside our van.
:shock:

User avatar
Khordis

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Khordis » Tue May 13, 2008 11:25 am

sialeeds wrote:The humor has faded over the years ;)
my last name is derryberry, so i feel your pain...<runs into the nearest bathroom stall to cry quietly>

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 am

tkm. wrote:haha I love how you're going on a shopping spree for the apt

when did I get so cheap? Oh yeah...when I saw those loans I'll be taking out
Oh the amount of stuff I need to buy is ridiculous. I need to buy a whole new bathroom set, bedroom furniture and linens, bigger bookcases for all those impressive legal texts I'll be accumulating :D , etc. Plus I put a lot of money in up front so I can stock up on stuff. I'll hit costco soon and buy enough tissue and toilet paper for the year. Then pet stuff!!! I'll need dishes and glasses, too. The roommates have broken most of mine.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:28 am

Khordis wrote:
sialeeds wrote:The humor has faded over the years ;)
my last name is derryberry, so i feel your pain...<runs into the nearest bathroom stall to cry quietly>
It's such a strange last name. Is it English?

User avatar
Khordis

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Khordis » Tue May 13, 2008 11:35 am

cantwaitforuva wrote: It's such a strange last name. Is it English?
i've heard english, and i've heard german (from derrenberger). i've also heard ice cream flavor, but the history is pretty flimsy with that one.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:37 am

Khordis wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote: It's such a strange last name. Is it English?
i've heard english, and i've heard german (from derrenberger). i've also heard ice cream flavor, but the history is pretty flimsy with that one.
I'm voting for ice cream flavor.

cantwaitforuva

Silver
Posts: 834
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 13, 2008 11:38 am

It's almost 12 and I'm still in bed. Gross. Off to finally shower and eat. Not at the same time.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


User avatar
Khordis

New
Posts: 74
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:06 pm

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Khordis » Tue May 13, 2008 12:09 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:It's almost 12 and I'm still in bed. Gross. Off to finally shower and eat. Not at the same time.
i guess i should probably get ready for work, too...

Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Tue May 13, 2008 12:11 pm

Khordis wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:It's almost 12 and I'm still in bed. Gross. Off to finally shower and eat. Not at the same time.
i guess i should probably get ready for work, too...
Jackass :P

CaptainDirtyBird

New
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:22 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Tue May 13, 2008 12:12 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
CaptainDirtyBird wrote:Hello fellow UVArs...as of today, I will be one of you next year. I would just like to begin our next three years by apologizing to everyone I am going to offend.
Yay!

So what level of offensive should we prepare for? Are we talking Holocaust jokes?
Well...only at first...then I tend to segway into jokes about handicapped people and jewish mothers, Sarah Silverman sort of stuff.

Da Stain

Bronze
Posts: 498
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:50 am

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by Da Stain » Tue May 13, 2008 12:13 pm

CaptainDirtyBird wrote:Hello fellow UVArs...as of today, I will be one of you next year. I would just like to begin our next three years by apologizing to everyone I am going to offend.
We will be friends. Fate and Admissions have decided it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”