University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
vvv4

New

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by vvv4 » Sat May 03, 2008 5:47 pm

cantwait, how about filing a police report? That might spur some action from him.

Luckily you're going to UVa next year, where stuff like that can get you kicked out of here forever.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sat May 03, 2008 6:38 pm

vvv4 wrote: Luckily you're going to UVa next year, where stuff like that can get you kicked out of here forever.
I forgot about that. Hooray!

I seriously wish I was moving tomorrow and that all of you were there, too. I can't wait to get out of this unhealthy environment. Hopefully, my new UVA friends will be better than certain ugrad friends.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sat May 03, 2008 7:11 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
vvv4 wrote: Luckily you're going to UVa next year, where stuff like that can get you kicked out of here forever.
I forgot about that. Hooray!

I seriously wish I was moving tomorrow and that all of you were there, too. I can't wait to get out of this unhealthy environment. Hopefully, my new UVA friends will be better than certain ugrad friends.
I'd file a police report . . . and if you happen to "know a guy", you could get his bank and credit accounts frozen, etc. . . I've found that can come in handy

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sat May 03, 2008 7:16 pm

I don't think the police would believe me. No one else witnessed what happened, so it's my word against his. I don't have any evidence, so what could they do?

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sat May 03, 2008 7:42 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:I don't think the police would believe me. No one else witnessed what happened, so it's my word against his. I don't have any evidence, so what could they do?
It's worth a shot. At the very least, your phone is reported as missing property.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sat May 03, 2008 9:13 pm

So I'm going to an ABC Party tonight (Anything But Clothes) as a human whiteboard. I took a ton of printer paper and turned it into this huge white outfit for people to write on. My roommate took a pair of boxers and glued candy over the entire thing.

It's bein thrown by 5 of my really good friends, and so far other costumes include caution tape, duct tape, plastic wrap, pillow cases, bubble wrap, a flag, etc.

Hope ya'll have some fun this weekend!!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sat May 03, 2008 9:16 pm

J-Rod wrote:So I'm going to an ABC Party tonight (Anything But Clothes) as a human whiteboard. I took a ton of printer paper and turned it into this huge white outfit for people to write on. My roommate took a pair of boxers and glued candy over the entire thing.

It's bein thrown by 5 of my really good friends, and so far other costumes include caution tape, duct tape, plastic wrap, pillow cases, bubble wrap, a flag, etc.

Hope ya'll have some fun this weekend!!
I love anything but clothes parties. It took me weeks to collect enough caution tape from the World Bank to make a dress.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Sat May 03, 2008 10:57 pm

thx j-rod... i'm going "hunting" tonight :lol:

but in all seriousness... aluminum foil was what i did one time (went as a knight)

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 pm

I made a two piece gladiator costume out of duck tape. It rocked.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Sat May 03, 2008 11:21 pm

sia- your school killed us in lacrosse today!

but, you should have come over it was a good game

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun May 04, 2008 12:14 pm

tkm. wrote:sia- your school killed us in lacrosse today!

Aww, you should have told me! I am really bad about keeping up with lacrosse...

I'm a little hungover :(

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Sun May 04, 2008 1:08 pm

sialeeds wrote:
tkm. wrote:sia- your school killed us in lacrosse today!

Aww, you should have told me! I am really bad about keeping up with lacrosse...

I'm a little hungover :(
haha I don't keep up with lacrosse at all...in fact that's the first game I attended in 4 years :) ...but the weather was nice and I was avoiding studying

being hungover sucks :( but hopefully you had a nice night!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun May 04, 2008 1:10 pm

I want to send my second deposit in this week. Do we need to print off a form or something to go with it or can I just send the check?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Sun May 04, 2008 1:18 pm

It was a fun night! Now I'm off to Subway for my obligatory post-hangover lunch (turkey sub always does the trick for some reason).
cantwaitforuva wrote:I want to send my second deposit in this week. Do we need to print off a form or something to go with it or can I just send the check?
Yep, here it is: http://www.law.virginia.edu/pdf/admissi ... 2_0708.pdf

I can't imagine that they wouldn't just take your check, but just to be safe :)

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun May 04, 2008 2:06 pm

Update on roommate drama for anyone who cares:

I tried talking to her which just resulted in a verbal attack on me. "Being the bigger person" nearly killed me, but I managed. I did insist on her bf not setting foot in our apartment. I figure the next week and a half I'll mainly be doing work in my room, so we won't have to interact too much. Then it's the long graduation week and so we'll both be off with our families. She is leaving for vacation 5 days after that. I told her I would stay with friends for those 5 days because I know it would be easier for her to pack and plan her trip if her bf could be in the room. I think this is incredibly nice on my part, but I didn't so much as get a "thank you." That made me want to say "screw it, i'm staying, you guys can plan at his place," but I'm going to keep my mouth shut once again in the name of being the bigger person. Then I'll get three weeks here without her and move out before she comes back.

So I'll be moving to C-ville a month early. Anybody going to be there in June?? :)

Wahoo99

New

Post by Wahoo99 » Sun May 04, 2008 2:29 pm

DC Area Meet-up for 0Ls

WHEN: Thursday, May 15, 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Clarendon Ballroom, 3185 Wilson Blvd., Arlington (about 3 minutes from the Clarendon metro)

As some of you know, some DC folks have been talking about another meet-up. With May here, I thought it'd be cool to take advantage of weather which is getting more consistently pleasant.

The rooftop deck at the Clarendon Ballroom in Arlington is a popular place for Thursday evening happy hours in the spring and summer--for good reason! I figure if we get there around 7:00, it'll be early enough to avoid paying covers but late enough to allow working people to make it easily. If weather turns out to be lousy, we can regroup there and bounce to another venue. There are many places nearby.

Info: --LinkRemoved--

Hope to see you there!

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Sun May 04, 2008 3:05 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:So I'll be moving to C-ville a month early. Anybody going to be there in June?? :)
:: raises hand ::

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Sun May 04, 2008 3:19 pm

I'll probably be there for a lot of July since my lease starts on the 1st. I'll be back and forth between DC but mostly in C'Ville I think.

And I'm dog-sitting this guy for a few weeks so I think C'ville would be better than DC.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Sun May 04, 2008 6:59 pm

So I had nothing to do and watched Gossip Girl. What a piece of trash.

Needless to say, I will probably watch to find out this big secret on Monday.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun May 04, 2008 7:01 pm

SgtBilko wrote:So I had nothing to do and watched Gossip Girl. What a piece of trash.

Needless to say, I will probably watch to find out this big secret on Monday.
Will you be joining our group?!?!

lishi

Silver

Post by lishi » Sun May 04, 2008 7:46 pm

So caintwait I was writing you a pm about your friend story and I planned on giving you advice because I was in a similar situation, but it turned out pretty debbie downer.

So I'm just going to say sorry that you had to go through that and hopefully it works out for the best!!

Oh and if I get into UVA within the next month I'll be there in mid-June!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Sun May 04, 2008 10:23 pm

i did a quick google search "gossip girl" and it returned some very non-PG pics... hmm...

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun May 04, 2008 11:05 pm

lishi wrote:So caintwait I was writing you a pm about your friend story and I planned on giving you advice because I was in a similar situation, but it turned out pretty debbie downer.

So I'm just going to say sorry that you had to go through that and hopefully it works out for the best!!

Oh and if I get into UVA within the next month I'll be there in mid-June!!
Thanks. I hope you get in and we can hang out in C-ville this summer.

readinmonotone

New

Post by readinmonotone » Sun May 04, 2008 11:55 pm

Is anyone still in the market for a roommate? Just sent in my deposit, now it's time to start looking for a place to live. I'm looking to pay in the 500-600 range...don't mind sharing with 2 or 3 people, as long as I have my own bedroom. I don't keep the cleanliest room, but it doesn't spill it's way out into common areas. I'm 22, straight from ugrad, big on sports, video games, beer, and matlock. I'm laid back and pretty easy to live with, I would say.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Sun May 04, 2008 11:59 pm

what are people's favorite comedies? i need a few new titles to check out after finals.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”