University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cantwaitforuva

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:50 pm

ubuntu wrote:
haha i'm more worried for them. hopefully they like the nesting/ikea-ing i plan on doing to the common area.
I'm sure they'll be happy that they don't have to do much.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Ubuntu, I don't think you can do any worse than the bargain couch and coffee table already there.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:53 pm

oh just wait ... cover for the couch, a couple pillows, a lamp or two, voila!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:55 pm

ubuntu wrote:oh just wait ... cover for the couch, a couple pillows, a lamp or two, voila!
will it be like this?? --LinkRemoved-- :D

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:59 pm

maybe I can beg the University of Miami to take me back. we have free housing in Miami

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:00 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
ubuntu wrote:oh just wait ... cover for the couch, a couple pillows, a lamp or two, voila!
ohhhhhhhmygosh this is incredible. "Hey check it out, I have more candles in here than a Roman Catholic Church. Doesn't it smell like Hazelnut!? If I were to light all of my candles at once you could see my apartment from space! I fucking love candles!"

AAAHAHAHA

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:06 pm

ubuntu wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:
ohhhhhhhmygosh this is incredible. "Hey check it out, I have more candles in here than a Roman Catholic Church. Doesn't it smell like Hazelnut!? If I were to light all of my candles at once you could see my apartment from space! I fucking love candles!"

AAAHAHAHA
i know. it's pretty great!

the sad thing is, this describes a large percentage of girls at my ugrad.

I have nothing against candles, cats, or ikea (i own all three), but it's all about how you put it together. Sadly, our current apartment is very lame - white walls, mismatched furniture. But when I get my new place it's gonna be so nice! (and NO decorative birdcages!) :)

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:07 pm

tkm. wrote:maybe I can beg the University of Miami to take me back. we have free housing in Miami
Don't be silly!! We'll find something. I'll even help you call around if you want.

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:26 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
R-O-F-L-C-O-P-T-E-R!

In the words of Peter Griffin, "That is the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything."

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:
R-O-F-L-C-O-P-T-E-R!

In the words of Peter Griffin, "That is the smartest thing I've ever heard anyone say about anything."
I'll be honest. I'm pretty proud of myself for finding that.

My place isn't that bad, right??

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:50 pm

so i'm watching man vs. wild. part of me feels bad for the rabbit he just killed and skinned and part of me wants to catch my own food like that.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:56 pm

Do you cook too?

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:06 pm

gladiator wrote:
Do you cook too?
yup! nothing amazing, but i make a mean chicken parm.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:21 pm

OMG!! So on M vs. W he just squeezed elephant dung and drank the liquid extracted from it. I think I would rather die of dehydration.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:25 pm

ubuntu wrote: yup! nothing amazing, but i make a mean chicken parm.
I'm not super amazing, but I'd be happy to teach what I know. I made a great cornish game hen last night. I cook whole birds pretty often - they just taste better. And I can teach you how to clean, fillet, and make something very nice with fish. I make pretty good mashed potatoes, too, which are guaranteed to raise your cholesterol by 30 points. :D

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:29 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
I'm not super amazing, but I'd be happy to teach what I know. I made a great cornish game hen last night. I cook whole birds pretty often - they just taste better. And I can teach you how to clean, fillet, and make something very nice with fish. I make pretty good mashed potatoes, too, which are guaranteed to raise your cholesterol by 30 points. :D

ooh i make good mashed potatoes too :D but i definitely want to learn how to cook fish. count me in.

and the man vs. wild thing - it's actually really true. elephants don't end up actually digesting the majority of the food they eat, so elephant dung is actually the best way to get water/nutrients/whatever if somehow stranded ...

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:33 pm

i'm so sad. bf left this morning and i won't see him for three weeks. this is the longest we've ever been apart. i think i have separation anxiety issues.

in other news, 98% chance i'm sending in my deposit on tuesday.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:38 pm

ubuntu wrote:
ooh i make good mashed potatoes too :D but i definitely want to learn how to cook fish. count me in.

and the man vs. wild thing - it's actually really true. elephants don't end up actually digesting the majority of the food they eat, so elephant dung is actually the best way to get water/nutrients/whatever if somehow stranded ...
fun! we can trade mashed potato tips. Do you like sea bass? There's largemouth bass in the Albemarle near UVA - we could catch our own fish. :) I'm not great, but I can come away with something.

Elephant dung - gross. But if I'm ever in that situation who knows. I certainly couldn't cut off my own arm though if i were trapped under a boulder, but eating-wise i could do some gross stuff.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Holly Madison wrote:i'm so sad. bf left this morning and i won't see him for three weeks. this is the longest we've ever been apart. i think i have separation anxiety issues.

in other news, 98% chance i'm sending in my deposit on tuesday.
Yay!! Did you tell sia, yet?

Wellsfargowagon

Bronze

Post by Wellsfargowagon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:40 pm

Holly Madison wrote:98% chance i'm sending in my deposit on tuesday.
Huzzah! That's something to be cheery about, right?

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:41 pm

Hey all, I just decided to attend UVA after visiting this weekend, so I'm new to this. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to near-campus apartments that are relatively nice and cheap. I'm am married. Although my wife will not be joining me at UVA until January, I'm guessing I'll just be alone in a one br apt. during the first semester. I looked at one of the the Jefferson apartments yesterday, but that is all I've seen. If you have any good info or know of some actually useful sources, please pm me. Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:41 pm

my excitement about uva is being tempered by my depression about being away from bf and finals coming up. and, even sending in the deposit, i'm still pending at some schools and on waitlists... not an ideal person to sign a lease with right now!

is it dumb that i'll be looking for housing at the end of june?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:44 pm

Holly Madison wrote:my excitement about uva is being tempered by my depression about being away from bf and finals coming up. and, even sending in the deposit, i'm still pending at some schools and on waitlists... not an ideal person to sign a lease with right now!

is it dumb that i'll be looking for housing at the end of june?
You might have to settle for something less than desireable. The nicer complexes are starting to fill up now, so I doubt they will be a lot of options come June.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:45 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
Holly Madison wrote:98% chance i'm sending in my deposit on tuesday.
Huzzah! That's something to be cheery about, right?
Wells, I'm moving on 14th June!!! We can still paint!

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:59 pm

ubuntu wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:

Cooking fish = smelly apartment.
Elephant dung = really smelly apartment.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”