University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cantwaitforuva

Silver

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:31 pm

sialeeds wrote:I'm an Alabama fan because of my boyfriend (if you live in Alabama, you're an Alabama or an Auburn fan... and why would you want to be an Auburn fan????), and because I can't argue with the fact that they're the most historically successful football team of all time.

Gladiator, what's with hating Alabama? Just because you like Georgia and Alabama >>>>>>> Georgia????

Cantwait -- if Richard was eliminated, I will be furious. I hate freakin' Lisa. And I wanted a Richard vs. Dale finale... waaaaah :(
I love Dale... I was yelling at the tv when Dale was eliminated. I also hate Lisa!!!!!!

OldBlue

New

Post by OldBlue » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 pm

College ball has better plot lines than trashy primetime soaps like Gossip Girl.

Like how Notre Dame fired a black man who had a stelllar first year and two middling second years, only to bring in a good Catholic who has, after 3 years, driven the Irish to the worst season in their history; unfortunately this coach can't be fired because ND gave him a 10-year deal, allowing him concentrate more on suing the doctor who botched his gastric bypass surgery than on recruiting QBs who won't flounder their freshman year.

Or how Rich Rodriquez bolted his alma mater, WVU, for Michigan after leading WVU to a 2008 Fiesta Bowl championship; WVU responded by suing Rodriquez in federal court, airing all the program's dirty laundry out in the open. Unfortunately this case just went to mediation, denying us the opportunity to watch the story unfold.

And Sean... that "Fighting Gobbler" in your avatar is gonna get bird flu.

EDIT: WTF????

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Any idea how to pick an insurance agent?

I know which company I'm going with, but they have 9 agents in C-ville, and I don't know how I'm supposed to choose.

Also is there anything I'm fogetting to do?: Register to vote, car and renters insurance, car registration, license plate, driver's license.

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:18 pm

I have no doubt that the Hokie Bird, even with the bird flu, could beat the crap out the CavMan.

To clarify the picture, the Hokie Bird does a rep for every point that Virginia Tech scores at home. I'm pretty sure that he'll doing a lot of them on November 29th this year. UVA might want to try and field a respectable team next year to renew the rivalry, its getting old beating the daylights out of Virginia for eight out of the last nine years.

Edit: It actually never gets old beating UVA. It's always fun hearing UVA fans whine after the game and boast about being the more academic school.
Last edited by hokiefan on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bamabreeze

Bronze

Post by bamabreeze » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:21 pm

Last edited by bamabreeze on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

satchelGD

New

Post by satchelGD » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 pm

bamabreeze wrote:Haha, I still like Auburn! I mean, Auburn > Tuscaloosa, it's no contest at all, and there is something charming about the "War Eagle" story! I don't count though, since I choose most teams for weird reasons like cute mascots or colors :)
i like auburn for absolutely no reason. i have no ties to the area, no family, etc. i think i just felt bad when they got screwed a few years back.

MochaLaw

New

Post by MochaLaw » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:40 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:I love Dale... I was yelling at the tv when Dale was eliminated. I also hate Lisa!!!!!!
How great was it when there was the "Who should pack their knives and go" poll and literally 98% of people said Lisa? Needless to say I wanted her gone too.

Also, to completely switch subjects to something probably already covered that I missed, who are y'all going to for GradPlus Loans? I don't know what to do. And I don't know if calling and asking for more money could possibly do anything...? Oh well.

rayallen20

New

Post by rayallen20 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:48 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:Any idea how to pick an insurance agent?

I know which company I'm going with, but they have 9 agents in C-ville, and I don't know how I'm supposed to choose.

Also is there anything I'm fogetting to do?: Register to vote, car and renters insurance, car registration, license plate, driver's license.

That is everything I have on my checklist for my June 14th move-in. Don't forget to call Dominion to turn on your electric.

As for insurance, I already had Allstate in New York. And there is an agent like 2 miles from Avemore so I'm just going to switch it there out of convenience.

P.S. I mapquested the DMV in Charlottesville and it's also like 3 miles from Avemore. Charlottesville seems so much more convenient to get around than anywhere I have ever lived before.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:11 pm

Last edited by cantwaitforuva on Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OldBlue

New

Post by OldBlue » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:34 pm

how come you're registering your car in Virginia, and getting a Virginia license?

registering to vote in VA make sense; having only voted in CA, I look forward to possibly playing a role in presidential elections.

Has anyone checked out the health plan enrollment webpage? Looks like you need a student ID # - has anyone either received theirs, or found a way around this?

Satchel - I like Meyer and the Gators, but Auburn is one of my teams. One of my favorites moments of last year's season was when Meyer called a timeout half a second before the snap on Byrum's successful field goal as time expired, forcing him to redo it.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 pm

OldBlue wrote:how come you're registering your car in Virginia, and getting a Virginia license?

registering to vote in VA make sense; having only voted in CA, I look forward to possibly playing a role in presidential elections.
I'm not really the one registering the car. I'm buying a car in VA, so they'll do that for me. But you do need to get a Virginia license if it's your permanent address, which it will be. Plus you can't register to vote if you aren't a resident.

I'm not looking forward to voting in VA. Going to the polls is going to be annoying. I've never had to vote in person before so it's gonna be weird for me.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:34 pm

Breaking News:

The COD now has Section I Contracts listed as MWR 3:40-5:00. That most likely means Contracts will be the late class in your schedule. Hopefully, they won't repeat CivPro as the early class this fall.

rayallen20

New

Post by rayallen20 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:39 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
rayallen20 wrote:
That is everything I have on my checklist for my June 14th move-in. Don't forget to call Dominion to turn on your electric.

As for insurance, I already had Allstate in New York. And there is an agent like 2 miles from Avemore so I'm just going to switch it there out of convenience.

P.S. I mapquested the DMV in Charlottesville and it's also like 3 miles from Avemore. Charlottesville seems so much more convenient to get around than anywhere I have ever lived before.
I mapquested it too! And my new doctor is on the next road over - oh small town life! I already called and set up power, phone, cable. I thought you were staying in long island until august? So when are you coming in June and how long are you staying? And how much stuff are you moving in on that weekend?
Well I'm basically coming to sign my lease, furnish the place, move in some clothes, familiarize myself with the city (I still haven't seen the campus!), and take care of the DMV/Insurance/Bank stuff. My parents are helping me move in and will probably leave on Saturday. I'll prob stick around until Wednesday or so and head back to LI for a few weeks to work. My SO can't make this initial trip but she's most likely coming with me permanently in late July/early August. The closer we get until the semester starts, the more nervous I get when I think about making such a big move. I've lived in NY my whole life, so this is going to be.....different.

P.S. GO CELTICS

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:11 pm

It's all good, I can just laugh at y'all when Alabama trounces Auburn... ;)

I. hate. Lisa. I swear they're just keeping her to piss off the viewers. Has she even won a single challenge? Poor Dale won a lot of challenges, he just got screwed over (same with Antonia). I really hope Richard wins, though (I wanted Dale to come in second).

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:24 am

rayallen20 wrote:
Well I'm basically coming to sign my lease, furnish the place, move in some clothes, familiarize myself with the city (I still haven't seen the campus!), and take care of the DMV/Insurance/Bank stuff. My parents are helping me move in and will probably leave on Saturday. I'll prob stick around until Wednesday or so and head back to LI for a few weeks to work. My SO can't make this initial trip but she's most likely coming with me permanently in late July/early August. The closer we get until the semester starts, the more nervous I get when I think about making such a big move. I've lived in NY my whole life, so this is going to be.....different.
I'm moving in on the 14th, too. My mom's coming down to help me move and she'll be there for a while. We should introduce ourselves.

What kind of job is your SO getting? It'll be fun having another girl in the complex.

Nike6075

New

Post by Nike6075 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:38 am

hokiefan wrote:I have no doubt that the Hokie Bird, even with the bird flu, could beat the crap out the CavMan.

To clarify the picture, the Hokie Bird does a rep for every point that Virginia Tech scores at home. I'm pretty sure that he'll doing a lot of them on November 29th this year. UVA might want to try and field a respectable team next year to renew the rivalry, its getting old beating the daylights out of Virginia for eight out of the last nine years.

Edit: It actually never gets old beating UVA. It's always fun hearing UVA fans whine after the game and boast about being the more academic school.
Culture vs. Agriculture, i guess...

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:41 am

sialeeds wrote:It's all good, I can just laugh at y'all when Alabama trounces Auburn... ;)

I. hate. Lisa. I swear they're just keeping her to piss off the viewers. Has she even won a single challenge? Poor Dale won a lot of challenges, he just got screwed over (same with Antonia). I really hope Richard wins, though (I wanted Dale to come in second).
I like Richard. Dale always seemed like a petulant dick and I'm glad they finally got rid of him. Lisa sucks too. They should just give it to Richard already since he's clearly the best chef and the best person.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hokiefan

New

Post by hokiefan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Nike6075 wrote: Culture vs. Agriculture, i guess...
I guess UVA needs something to fall back on because sports are not really their forte.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:50 pm

Is there any reason you talk about UVA in the 3rd person as if you won't now be more a Cavalier than you've ever been a Hokie? :P

I loved St. John's hoops growing up, but I dropped that shit quick when I went to G'Town.

The Agitator

Bronze

Post by The Agitator » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:32 pm

Well I'm basically coming to sign my lease, furnish the place, move in some clothes, familiarize myself with the city (I still haven't seen the campus!),
You still haven't seen the place? Damn dude, get ready to be pleased with your law school choice...

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:54 pm

hey all!

like sia, i went away for a few days (to lovely cape cod) with the bf and come back to ... a total sausage fest. sorry to abandon you there, cantwait (and i'm excited about your wrap dress!! what color?)

soooo hi! i just caught up on 7 pages of posts. i'm a little tired now. might need a nap.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:03 pm

ubuntu wrote:hey all!

like sia, i went away for a few days (to lovely cape cod) with the bf and come back to ... a total sausage fest. sorry to abandon you there, cantwait (and i'm excited about your wrap dress!! what color?)

soooo hi! i just caught up on 7 pages of posts. i'm a little tired now. might need a nap.
fun. I was alll alone in boy land, it was not fun. I had to get the wrap dress in white, because they didn't have a lot of options. I'm afraid I'll spill something on it though, so I might dye it another color.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:18 pm

That's what bleach is for! My white wrap dress is one of the hottest items of clothing that I own ;) So far no spilling problems... I spilled beer on it at a party, but it came out easily.

Welcome back, Ubu :) Hope you had a great time.

Also... T-minus 8 days until Hawaii 8)

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:34 pm

sialeeds wrote:It's all good, I can just laugh at y'all when Alabama trounces Auburn... ;)

Oh Sia :cry: Sure Alabama will trounce Auburn one day, but if you put a group of monkeys in a room with a typewriter eventually you get Hamlet. Hopefully though y'all will win soon because I'm an amputee and I dont know what to do when we run out of fingers.

Wow trash talking in June, it must be college football preseason.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:14 pm

ubuntu wrote:hey all!

Was so bored at work without you to talk to....it's gonna be a long month when you're in SA. You other people have to get on AIM/Gchat during the day to entertain me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”