University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
aguyingeorgia

Silver

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:19 pm

I won't be able to make a decision until around the end of April...

oh wait, you said non-psychotic.

Never mind. I bet you like ducks anyway.

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:19 pm

cerise wrote:I'm still deciding between two schools right now and probably won't make a decision until around April 21. If I do decide to come to UVA, will there be enough time to find an apartment within walking distance and a non-psychotic roommate? Reading this thread is starting to stress me out a little bit...
Not at all! There are people like me (and Bilko) who are securing the pads we want and procuring roommates later :) Housing in Cville is actually supposed to be pretty easy, I just have my heart set on one place that I fell in love with when I visited, so that's why I'm so crazed!

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:24 pm

I wonder if I could get a 2 bedroom next year if I took the 3 bedroom now

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:25 pm

That isn't bad pricing on the three bedroom at all...

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:31 pm

tkm. wrote:I wonder if I could get a 2 bedroom next year if I took the 3 bedroom now
That's what I'm going to do if the rates go up next year (probably, unless I get spoiled...)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:That isn't bad pricing on the three bedroom at all...
Bun and I might secure a 3 br/3ba now . . . and then when you finally wise up and send your UVA deposit, you can be our third . . . then all we'll have to do is figure out who's going to be on the beer-pong team

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Due to the arm injury, I've actually mastered the art of playing beer bong with my left hand now, which is going to make for an interesting game of two-handed, two ball, beer pong in the future.

Bun B

New

Post by Bun B » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:42 pm

cerise wrote:I'm still deciding between two schools right now and probably won't make a decision until around April 21. If I do decide to come to UVA, will there be enough time to find an apartment within walking distance and a non-psychotic roommate? Reading this thread is starting to stress me out a little bit...
No all of the psychos do not start looking for places until late April. :wink:

Bun B

New

Post by Bun B » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:43 pm

J-Rod wrote:
Bun and I might secure a 3 br/3ba now . . . and then when you finally wise up and send your UVA deposit, you can be our third . . . then all we'll have to do is figure out who's going to be on the beer-pong team
I'm undefeated this year in pong. 87-0. Patriots eat your hearts out.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:44 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:I was about to reiterate the awesomeness of greyhounds and Gregory Peck, but I didn't want to spur calls for us to get a room ;)
You don't want to get a room with me? :wink:

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:46 pm

greygoose wrote:weekend in nyc, fun yet so unproductive. time to write my last paper ever as an undergrad. *cue Bittersweet symphony...
OMG! I have 12 papers left this semester! want to trade?

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Bun B wrote:
J-Rod wrote:
I'm undefeated this year in pong. 87-0. Patriots eat your hearts out.
my friends and I use the NBA Jam rule . . . couple of weeks ago . . . I made a cup my first 3 turns, other team missed each time. . . I was "ON FIRE" so I kept shooting until I missed . . . but I didn't miss . . . perfect game! I've had a couple other perfect games, but usually my teammate makes a few cups also

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:48 pm

sialeeds wrote:We need Holly and MissVirginia, too! That will help a bit with the guy/girl ratio...
Hold your tongue! I like this guy/girl ratio! why do you think i chose UVA?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 pm

sialeeds wrote:Huge housing breakthrough. The Woodlands are out of two-bedrooms, but instead are offering 3 bedroom flats at a $1500 a month rate, with a $1500 cash back signing bonus if you sign before April 30. They're drawing up my lease right now! :) Now just to finalize getting a roommate... argh, Holly!

I'm moving in August 1, hooray! :D
That is so awesome! Congrats... are you gonna do the whole 2 person plus office deal? Now if only CH would get back to me.... I want an apt!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:50 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
sialeeds wrote:We need Holly and MissVirginia, too! That will help a bit with the guy/girl ratio...
Hold your tongue! I like this guy/girl ratio! why do you think i chose UVA?

sausage fest FTL!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 pm

lishi wrote:Ok so this may be kinda creepy, because I'm only waitlisted but I read these UVA threads constatnly.

Has any seen or have any comments on University Heights or Barracks West??

It's definitely no Woodlands, but seems much more affordable for those choosing to live by themselves.
Lishi, that's not creepy at all. You've got to get to know your future classmates :D

tkm.

Bronze

Post by tkm. » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 pm

ugh what am I going to do

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:52 pm

cantwaitforuva wrote:
sialeeds wrote:Huge housing breakthrough. The Woodlands are out of two-bedrooms, but instead are offering 3 bedroom flats at a $1500 a month rate, with a $1500 cash back signing bonus if you sign before April 30. They're drawing up my lease right now! :) Now just to finalize getting a roommate... argh, Holly!

I'm moving in August 1, hooray! :D
That is so awesome! Congrats... are you gonna do the whole 2 person plus office deal? Now if only CH would get back to me.... I want an apt!
Yep yep! There is no way I could handle two roommates, and the apartments really aren't that big so the extra space is nice.

Try calling them incessantly. That's the only way I got anywhere with the Woodlands.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:53 pm

J-Rod wrote:
sialeeds wrote:
SgtBilko wrote:I know the idea has been floated of taping a version of Real World: C'ville and seeing if MTV would subsequently pay us for it :P
It could work, as long as we do most of the filming near the Woodlands' pools:

I'm down for hanging out with girls in bikinis! Did anyone else notice how attractive all of the people were in The Woodlands' photo gallery? I thought that was pretty funny
They don't live there, I'm pretty sure they're models because its the same people in all of the pics

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:54 pm

ubuntu wrote:i want to live in the woodlands SO badly, however i am car-less. sad day, sad day! but if anyone living there wants to have a pool party then hey - i'm totally down.
You better believe I'll be coming to the pool party... time to buy a new bikini!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:57 pm

aguyingeorgia wrote:I equate no washer and dryer with death.

Far be it from me to post in this thread without putting "ubuntu" somewhere in the post.
guy if you keep whoring yourself out to ubuntu, then our date is off :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:58 pm

lishi wrote:Oh ok thanks. I'm trying to think positive, and keep telling myself that UVA will accept me. That and looking at apartments is fun!!!

So far it looks like if I get in, I would like Lakeside. It's in my price range and allows for my kitten. :D
Check out carriage hill. same price as lakside, but newer. please come live at CH, i don't want to be the only one!

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:00 pm

Wellsfargowagon wrote:
ubuntu wrote:
J-Rod wrote:I've already sent my deposit . . . and I'm gonna live in the Woodlands . . . can I whore myself to Ubuntu?
haha YES. i'm just torn - kinda want to live closer to the school because i'm a GIANT NERD. :?
As many props as Woodlands and Lakeside are getting, the convenience of living within walking distance of the law school is well worth sacrificing apartment quality, especially around exam time. At least to me. Plus it puts you closer to the fields for softball and most other 1Ls for weekend parties.

I'll probably move somewhere nicer and farther away for 3L and maybe even 2L, but I'm really drawn to the idea of being only a few minute's walk from school and having most of my friends live nearby.
I'd rather live in a nice place further out, plus I don't want to have to move again. And all of you guys will be close to the parties so i'll just crash on your couches. or in that room we're getting, wells :wink:

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:06 pm

sorry for all of the posts, guys. I just logged on and there were 4 new pages so I went through all of them responding at will.

On the driving issue: i agree with sialeeds, driving 10-15 minutes to school is not a big deal for me. Plus I enjoy driving!

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:10 pm

I like driving as much as anyone. I think I'd just find it annoying after a while for little things. Leave a book at school, have to drive to go get it. Want to grab a quick nap during the day, sit in a common area or drive back home. Running a bit late, still have to go park the car. I have such a little tolerance for these little things, it would get to me after a while.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”