University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
cantwaitforuva

Silver

Re: University of Virginia School of Law 2011

Post by cantwaitforuva » Thu May 15, 2008 8:18 am

OldBlue wrote:yes! More at graduate center! Think of how nice it will be to roll out of bed and into class. Plus some of the suites have lofts in them. I have no idea what to do with it yet - maybe a fortress of solitude?

Gladiator we'll also have a wii - make sure your smash bros. and kart are up to snuff.
I think you should build and old school fort out of blankets and stuff.

OnceLost

Bronze

Post by OnceLost » Thu May 15, 2008 9:15 am

I'm always up for that...it provides the perfect venue for pillow fights.

I was notified that UVa has received my seat deposit check, so my anxiety over my acceptance from the waitlist being an administrative mistake is somewhat lessened. Now if someone would just buy our house, I'd be living as close to a stress-free life as is possible with kids.

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Thu May 15, 2008 9:41 am

I find that many, many things need to be addressed.

1. This graduate center, is it the place where you have to bunk with someone else...because in that case, I feel that you'll probably be building a great deal of pillow forts, at least anytime you want to bring someone home. If you do in fact have your own room: count me in - I 'HEART' Pillow Forts.

2. Cantwait - Sounds like your going to be up for some dinner parties. Are you white? B/c us white people love dinner parties. It's okay if your not, because the only thing better than a dinner party is a dinner party with diversity. In All Seriousness though, I too love to cook, so it sounds like its up to us to prevent a TLS famine.

3. Lastly but not leastly: Gladiator - I will challenge you to an NCAA football playoff. We will have to do it on your system though. I gave away my system and my NCAA after Fall semester of senior year: I'm something of an addict. (Sidenote: Are you big? Because I'm seriously a Fanatic and sometimes someone actually has to physically remove the controller from me.)

triadolpho

New

Post by triadolpho » Thu May 15, 2008 9:47 am

Brief response to the last 2 or 3 pages, because I really should be writing two final papers instead of surfing TLS:

I'm decent at cooking, but would like to get better. On a side note, did anyone see Top Chef last night? I unfortunately missed it.

I will play anyone in Super Smash Brawl, at any time, under any conditions (except making me play as Bowser/Ganon- I really hate slow characters). Just bring it on.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 9:58 am

CaptainDirtyBird wrote:I find that many, many things need to be addressed.

1. This graduate center, is it the place where you have to bunk with someone else...because in that case, I feel that you'll probably be building a great deal of pillow forts, at least anytime you want to bring someone home. If you do in fact have your own room: count me in - I 'HEART' Pillow Forts.

3. Lastly but not leastly: Gladiator - I will challenge you to an NCAA football playoff. We will have to do it on your system though. I gave away my system and my NCAA after Fall semester of senior year: I'm something of an addict. (Sidenote: Are you big? Because I'm seriously a Fanatic and sometimes someone actually has to physically remove the controller from me.)
Define bunk. It's 4 people, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms so nobody's sharing a room, just the living room/kitchen space.

I'm 5'9", 5'10" on a good day, so you may have to take some sedatives before playing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rayallen20

New

Post by rayallen20 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:33 am

Anyone here play basketball? If so, I would definitely love to get some pick-up games going when we all move in.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Thu May 15, 2008 10:39 am

I used to play more back in the day, but very little lately. I think we discussed this around page 20 or so :P .

When are you moving down there? I'll be there for most of July so maybe us early-arrivers can get that going.

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu May 15, 2008 10:41 am

arr...hangover...trying to read the last 3 pages of this forum hurts my head:

i cook decent, better with the grill

don't play videogames, but i'm up for learning smash

used to play bball a lot, but haven't shot in 2 weeks due to finals. i'm trying to see if i can maintain the skill over the summer...i want to work on my dribble/crossover/attacking the basket skills.

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Thu May 15, 2008 10:43 am

Oh, and I'm down for NCAA for realz.

We used to play seasons, it was pretty sweet. 6 or so people each pick a team and basically you play all the top-25 games with you as your team and someone else as the other team as you go through the season. Although, a good ol' fashioned afternoon tournament would be sweet too.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Thu May 15, 2008 11:13 am

i can't wait for bbqs! aug. 14 won't come soon enough - i want to fast forward my life :)

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Thu May 15, 2008 11:18 am

So I guess us early-arrivers are expected to cook for you to?? :P

( I will, but only if Guy comes. Guy, if you're out there, come back to the thread!)

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 11:26 am

There are a lot of people here who haven't joined our TLS Facebook group, don't be shy to PM one of the admins of the group for an invitation.

CaptainDirtyBird

New

Post by CaptainDirtyBird » Thu May 15, 2008 11:49 am

gladiator wrote:There are a lot of people here who haven't joined our TLS Facebook group, don't be shy to PM one of the admins of the group for an invitation.
I can't find it...give me some search tips or the official name of the group.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Thu May 15, 2008 11:49 am

CaptainDirtyBird wrote:
gladiator wrote:There are a lot of people here who haven't joined our TLS Facebook group, don't be shy to PM one of the admins of the group for an invitation.
I can't find it...give me some search tips or the official name of the group.

it's hidden, you can't find it.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 11:56 am

You have to get an invitation from one of the admins. I just made J-Rod and Cantwait admins so you can PM them or ask any of the other admins (me, OldBlue, Greygoose, Wellsfargowagon, or Sialeeds).

Edit: When you PM the person, give them your Facebook contact info. Due to the security setting, the only way you can physically be invited is if you're a friend of a person already in the group so one of us needs to friend you, then invite you.

shadowfish

New

Post by shadowfish » Thu May 15, 2008 12:43 pm

I am SO glad somebody else will have a Wii! I'm leaving mine in Seattle, and it's making me sad. I get the PS2, which I'm cool with for single player, but then I have like no multiplayer. Wii doesn't have anything I'm really looking forward to coming out for a while, anyways. I'll play Smash, but compared to most people, I'm kind of bad at it. I will play *anyone* at Mario Kart.

triadolpho: How's your King Dedede? :mrgreen:

readinmonotone: New Kart=IMO, one of the best.

(I'm a game nerd, and I am still mourning how early UVa starts because I will miss volunteering at PAX.)

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Thu May 15, 2008 12:48 pm

I play nerdy RPGs. Top THAT for nerdy videogames ;) (I usually don't admit this, but you guys don't seem like you'll hold it against me).

I just had a breakdown over my grades this semester. They're not bad, they're just not what I was expecting, and I hate that lack of control. I know it doesn't matter, but I hate seeing my GPA go DOWN for the first time ever.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

readinmonotone

New

Post by readinmonotone » Thu May 15, 2008 1:00 pm

sialeeds wrote:I play nerdy RPGs. Top THAT for nerdy videogames ;) (I usually don't admit this, but you guys don't seem like you'll hold it against me).

I just had a breakdown over my grades this semester. They're not bad, they're just not what I was expecting, and I hate that lack of control. I know it doesn't matter, but I hate seeing my GPA go DOWN for the first time ever.
It'll just make end of next fall that much more bearable?

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Thu May 15, 2008 1:05 pm

sialeeds wrote:I play nerdy RPGs. Top THAT for nerdy videogames ;) (I usually don't admit this, but you guys don't seem like you'll hold it against me).

tell me about it, i got 3 out of 4 back...lowest gpa semester ever. but it's good to start getting used to B/B+, etc. I'm hoping to ride anything higher than 3.33 in the fall.

I used to play kart and i dominated, but that was like N64 and old school SNES. However, I'm up for Koopa/Toading your asses. Anytime, anywhere.

Bun B

New

Post by Bun B » Thu May 15, 2008 1:27 pm

I used to play some high quality rpgs. Anyone remember FFVII and Grandia II?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Thu May 15, 2008 1:30 pm

I have no patience for non-sports games anymore. The last games I played that weren't sports were Goldeneye and Zelda for N64.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

readinmonotone

New

Post by readinmonotone » Thu May 15, 2008 1:41 pm

Bun B wrote:I used to play some high quality rpgs. Anyone remember FFVII and Grandia II?
FF VII is probably my favorite game ever. However, my 3rd disc broke so I can't replay it...if you want it used, gamestop and stuff want 60 bucks for it.

shadowfish

New

Post by shadowfish » Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Me too. I'm in the middle of a Live-a-Live replay. I just passed up Atelier Iris at Gamestop, and now it's gone and I'm kicking myself. Bah. I did the same thing with Sonic Heroes. :( I'm also looking for Skies of Arcadia for GC (which I hear is rare and expensive). Which are your favs?

I've got FF7 for the PC. I hear the graphics are significantly crappier than the PS version, though. But you can borrow it if you want. :D

Also, I can top everyone at geekiness unless you go to anime conventions in cosplay (costume as a character from an anime/game, for those who don't speak nerd). I'm psyched because there are like 3 cons in Virginia from Sept-December alone, as opposed to Seattle's 1 (and 1 in Burnaby that I wanted to go to :( )

By the way, you people who are thinking of living with me...yeah. At least now you know what you might be getting in to.

You know...I am probably really going to regret this. :mrgreen:

Khordis

New

Post by Khordis » Thu May 15, 2008 2:01 pm

girls...talking about...videogames....

ok, i need to go for a walk or take a cold shower or something. i didn't even realize such things existed until a few months ago when i came home from work, and my roommate's reasonably hot girlfriend was playing WoW.

breanne2011

New

Post by breanne2011 » Thu May 15, 2008 2:04 pm

greygoose wrote: I used to play kart and i dominated, but that was like N64 and old school SNES. However, I'm up for Koopa/Toading your asses. Anytime, anywhere.
I call Yoshi. Prepare to be schooled.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”