University of Virginia School of Law 2011 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
greygoose

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2011 Housing Thread

Post by greygoose » Tue May 06, 2008 12:17 am

^something greek? athena?

sia: e-hug w/

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Tue May 06, 2008 12:21 am

That made me die a little. Girl corgis are so cute. I'm used to my bear of a corgi:

--ImageRemoved--

greygoose

Bronze

Post by greygoose » Tue May 06, 2008 12:26 am

wait die a little? :? (is that good?)

i leave this thread with a final picture to ponder. tomorrow is library time for the final time as an undergrad!

this is the asian puppy...

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 06, 2008 12:35 am

Holly Madison wrote:well.. you guys will always have a place to stay.. as long as i get invites to the softball tourney, foxfield, febclub, etc!
You should definitely come down and visit, especially for the big events. And feel free to stay with me! and in case i forget to invite you closer to actual events feel free to email me and invite yourself! :)

I've got a twin bed in the guest room for things just like this!

Holly Madison

Bronze

Post by Holly Madison » Tue May 06, 2008 12:45 am

yay! i love you guys! i hope gulc people are even half as nice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 06, 2008 8:01 am

i missed like 14 pages of discussion last night. blah! the internet was out in my apartment.

btw, the yankees fan that ran down the sox fan was in the town next to my hometown. you yankees fans are CRAAAAAAZY. :P

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Tue May 06, 2008 9:36 am

Yankee fans are the salt, whoops, scum of the earth.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 06, 2008 11:40 am

shadowfish wrote:
cantwaitforuva wrote:Shadow can you tell us a bit more about what you are looking for in an apt? Do you need a place that takes pets, etc. Do you need a WD or are you cool with a communal laundry room, etc.
I'm not looking for much. I'd like a den/separate study place. I kind of want my own bathroom, too. I don't have pets and don't want to live with them. I've never lived without my own washer/dryer, but I don't see why I'd object to a communal laundry room.

I just started looking into the Graduate Centre and that sounds pretty okay too. It doesn't have a separate study nor does the living room/kitchen seem big enough to really want to hang out in much, but I'll definitely consider it. I'd like having 3 roommates a lot better than having 1.
Graduate Centre seems like a good fit as far as wanting more roommates goes. I'm the same way - I want a little law school family I can have family dinner nights with (hear that boys? you supply the food and i will cook it). you could always get a room with a loft - it provides an extra space that you could use for studying.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue May 06, 2008 12:01 pm

I'm the same way - I want a little law school family I can have family dinner nights with (hear that boys? you supply the food and i will cook it). you could always get a room with a loft - it provides an extra space that you could use for studying.
Okay June, I'll tell Wally and the Beav that dinner's ready.

--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Tue May 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Sia, is it Clytemnestra and what's his name slaying Agamemnon? (obviously I'm not a classicist) sp*?

sialeeds

Bronze

Post by sialeeds » Tue May 06, 2008 12:12 pm

wesleybs wrote:Sia, is it Clytemnestra and what's his name slaying Agamemnon? (obviously I'm not a classicist) sp*?
Ding ding ding! See, Gtown (Aegisthus) seduced Holly (Clytemnestra) and made her betray UVA (Agamemnon). Hahaha :P

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Tue May 06, 2008 12:13 pm

I feel lucky. I should play some poker tonight. :D

So what do I apply my bonus points towards?

wesleybs

New

Post by wesleybs » Tue May 06, 2008 12:40 pm

so how are the Lakeside apartments? I'll be in a 1br 1 bt (married).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Wahoo99

New

Post by Wahoo99 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:28 pm

gladiator wrote:Ubuntu, OldBlue, Hokiefan, (Wahoo99 maybe), and I will all be living in Graduate Centre so you'll have plenty of TLS people in close proximity if you pick it. The living room/kitchen area isn't great but I don't think you'll get anything better unless you're willing to live somewhere like Woodlands and drive to school. Can't beat the convenience to the school and Barracks though.
Yes, Wahoo99 is definitely thinking Grad Centre for 1L (although I haven't put down a deposit yet b/c I haven't settled on which of their units I'd actually choose.)

That's mainly because last time I checked with the lady in the rental office who helped me, hardly anyone had turned in personal info sheets (where you talk about how quiet/neat you are, what household items you can bring, etc.)

Gladiator: I take it all the people above already have their roommate situation set?

p.s.--I think this post pushed us into the 100th page. What a thread!

shadowfish

New

Post by shadowfish » Tue May 06, 2008 3:41 pm

Wahoo99 wrote:
gladiator wrote:Ubuntu, OldBlue, Hokiefan, (Wahoo99 maybe), and I will all be living in Graduate Centre so you'll have plenty of TLS people in close proximity if you pick it. The living room/kitchen area isn't great but I don't think you'll get anything better unless you're willing to live somewhere like Woodlands and drive to school. Can't beat the convenience to the school and Barracks though.
Yes, Wahoo99 is definitely thinking Grad Centre for 1L (although I haven't put down a deposit yet b/c I haven't settled on which of their units I'd actually choose.)

That's mainly because last time I checked with the lady in the rental office who helped me, hardly anyone had turned in personal info sheets (where you talk about how quiet/neat you are, what household items you can bring, etc.)

Gladiator: I take it all the people above already have their roommate situation set?

p.s.--I think this post pushed us into the 100th page. What a thread!
Just applied at the graduate center! So far, there's nobody else in Apartment 2. I'd love to have a 1L apartment :D

doublehoo22

New

Post by doublehoo22 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:43 pm

wesleybs wrote:so how are the Lakeside apartments? I'll be in a 1br 1 bt (married).
They are decent. I was actually going to live there next year but found something that is a little bit cheaper and is available a sooner. The pros: the bedroom is relatively big and has a large walk-in closet, the neighborhood is quiet and would be an easy place to study, the grounds are kept up nicely, nice balcony, and no more than 8 minutes from downtown (grad. school student hang out). The Cons: kitchen could stand to be updated, about 15-20 minutes to the law school (after driving, parking, etc.) It is worth a visit to see if you would like living there in my opinion. I believe cantwait toured also.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 06, 2008 4:53 pm

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I GOT MONEY!!!!!!! 8K/year!

it's not gulc's offer, but it's certainly something. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Tue May 06, 2008 5:05 pm

Congrats! That's nice to have a little love.
Curious, how'd you hear?

I e-mailed them last week asking them to reconsider and didn't even get a receipt of my e-mail.... :cry:

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 06, 2008 5:07 pm

did you e-mail financial aid? i e-mailed cynthia burns this morning and she e-mailed me back a few hours later saying they were still getting a few deposits in and that if they could give me anything i'd know in a few days. then i got an e-mail like 15 minutes ago with the offer.

i'm sorry :( i'm not sure what their thinking is.

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue May 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Yea, Ubuntu/Old Blue/Hokiefan/me is 1 suite (Suite 11) as long as Ubuntu doesn't ditch us for Chicago which we pray she won't.

ubuntu

Bronze

Post by ubuntu » Tue May 06, 2008 5:23 pm

gladiator wrote:Yea, Ubuntu/Old Blue/Hokiefan/me is 1 suite (Suite 11) as long as Ubuntu doesn't ditch us for Chicago which we pray she won't.
haha well as long as chicago doesn't throw more than 8K/year my way we should be all set.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Tue May 06, 2008 6:11 pm

I'd ask for money, but there's no way I'd get it . . .

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 06, 2008 6:23 pm

wesleybs wrote:so how are the Lakeside apartments? I'll be in a 1br 1 bt (married).
It's not bad. I toured and I like the floorplans, the large balconies, and the closet space. It is a bit older though, so the appliances are super nice and things look a bit dated. They're updating their fitness room so that's nice, but I didn't like the look of the clubhouse - it looked a lot like the lobby of a Best Western. I would take Carriage Hill over Lakeside because the price is basically the same and it's a newer building. All in all a pretty nice place, but you might be able to get something nicer for the same money.

cantwaitforuva

Silver

Post by cantwaitforuva » Tue May 06, 2008 6:24 pm

doublehoo22 wrote:
They are decent. I was actually going to live there next year but found something that is a little bit cheaper and is available a sooner. The pros: the bedroom is relatively big and has a large walk-in closet, the neighborhood is quiet and would be an easy place to study, the grounds are kept up nicely, nice balcony, and no more than 8 minutes from downtown (grad. school student hang out). The Cons: kitchen could stand to be updated, about 15-20 minutes to the law school (after driving, parking, etc.) It is worth a visit to see if you would like living there in my opinion. I believe cantwait toured also.
Where are you going to be living and when are you moving in?

gladiator

Silver

Post by gladiator » Tue May 06, 2008 6:35 pm

ARGGGG Just offered a full tuition scholarship at UCLA after waiting 7 months to be admitted yesterday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”