U. of Michigan Law School '11 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
Mosel

New

Re: U. of Michigan Law School '11

Post by Mosel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Rayster wrote:Unfortunately I've been to Umich enough to save my money.

Good luck with Alex and Ataraxia, that would be quite a coup.

I never really liked LSD, but I'll check out its UM'11 page.
yeah, I'll stick with TLS. My few ventures into LSD-land were unenjoyable.

Why will it be hard to get Ataxaria and Alex to come to Michigan? Who the hell wants to go to Yale? 8)

Ulfrekr

Bronze

Post by Ulfrekr » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:13 pm

BTW..... our goal at March should be to get Ataraxia and Alexb away from Yale..... :twisted:
If the Darrow can't do it, I doubt you've got much of a shot...so start appealing to their Darrows!

Rayster

New

Post by Rayster » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:17 pm

Ulfrekr wrote:
BTW..... our goal at March should be to get Ataraxia and Alexb away from Yale..... :twisted:
If the Darrow can't do it, I doubt you've got much of a shot...so start appealing to their Darrows!
If they visit UMich and see that everyone is cool/chill and go to Yale and see that everyone is a freak Ann Arbor will look awesome. Put your game faces on!

Mosel

New

Post by Mosel » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:36 pm

Put your game faces on!
Will this do?

Rayster

New

Post by Rayster » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:39 pm

Thats awesome. Yale doesn't have anything on that...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bumblebeechewna

New

Post by bumblebeechewna » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:40 pm

Bruce! Bruce! Bruce!

-cake scene from Matilda

Ulfrekr

Bronze

Post by Ulfrekr » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:20 pm

Hmmm...I think you can put me in as almost definitely attending, in fall.

bumblebeechewna

New

Post by bumblebeechewna » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:40 pm

c/o 2011 is fierce!

joyce615

New

Post by joyce615 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:58 pm

i know its still early, but is anyone else getting stressed about moving? ive never lived outside of california and just thinking about how i'm gonna move all my crap to michigan makes me dizzy. :( i've accumulated tons of stuff and don't know if i should sell some of it and just take what i can in suitcases, or ship boxes over there.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Rayster

New

Post by Rayster » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:12 pm

If you have a lot of stuff, consider freighting it with a company like ABF. I have had an excellent experience with them in the past, and plan to use them when I move up. They are much cheaper than renting a UHAUL or Pod..

joyce615

New

Post by joyce615 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:40 am

thanks ray for the tip! where are you moving from?

hegemonyhog

New

Post by hegemonyhog » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:16 pm

Did anyone else get a housing change for the March Admitted Students weekend? I'm at the Campus Inn now.

Mosel

New

Post by Mosel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:20 pm

hegemonyhog wrote:Did anyone else get a housing change for the March Admitted Students weekend? I'm at the Campus Inn now.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I'm only laughing because this lends a certain credibility to the theory that they are segregating us according to gender. Wait, I used the wrong term. According to sex. Yes, that's better.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

viv

New

Post by viv » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:53 pm

noooooo hegemony! Come back!

joyce615

New

Post by joyce615 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:41 am

Oh no, are bell tower team is slowly shrinking... now its like, what, 5 vs. 9?

rabbit9198

Bronze

Post by rabbit9198 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 pm

I just confirmed for the April ASW - I'm kind of sad I won't be there when it seem lots of the "cool kids" will be there; but I'm looking forward to the visit nonetheless!

jms263

New

Post by jms263 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:48 pm

You can add me to the accepted, but undecided list.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

just a girl

Bronze

Post by just a girl » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:52 am

yay! TLS is going to take over Michigan!

aguyingeorgia

Silver

Post by aguyingeorgia » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:23 am

I'm probably going to take a gander at the April ASW.

britt2010

New

Post by britt2010 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:22 pm

I ought to find the inevitable ASW thread, but I came here first.

First of all, I've been away for awhile, but that has done nothing to diminish my "big 'H' happiness" at seeing how many people here are excited about Michigan this year.

I love the school. Yes, I still do. Almost done with 1L (wow, I remember agonizing pain while waiting to hear back from schools) and I like the place more than ever.

I've been fortunate enough to make friends from other programs and the over-arching theme is that here is a place where you've got the big guns of a stellar university (research, medicine, social sciences, law) but with this palpable laid-back appeal. The best way to describe it is this: Have you ever met someone of the opposite sex who was the total package, but a bit unaware of it? You expected him/her to be arrogant, or unobtainable/unapproachable. To your delight, however, the person turns out to be gem.

That's how I feel about UM.

I went to Detroit yesterday for the second official time. I'm smitten. I won't lie. I found this link http://www.metrotimes.com/editorial/story.asp?id=11908 and I've decided to try as many as possible. Last night I went with a friend to Baker's Keyboard Lounge, est. 1934. The crowd was diverse. The live jazz was fantastic. The building, small, dark, and elegant, brought to me a nostalgia (borrowed) for the good ol' days...I considered a Tom Collins but settled for a champagne & Chambord.

Here's an idea of the performers who have been to the lounge, from the website [http://www.bakerskeyboardlounge.com]:
The fifties thru the seventies proved to be the clubs golden era. Everyone who was anyone in the world of jazz; the young Dave Brubeck, the man who turned jazz upside down, John Coltrane; the era's premier pianist, Oscar Peterson. There was Krupa and Corea, Calloway and Betty Carter. There was Gerry Mulligan and Sonny Stitt and Kenny Burrell, Barry Harris, Donald Byrd, Earl Klugh, Pepper Adams. In short we had the finest musicians in the world.
The names goes on, especially the local musicians who symbolize the impressive array of extraordinary musicians who played at Baker's. Equally as exciting as the jam sessions, have been the unexpected surprises. Like the night Nat King Cole came to the club and sat in on the piano; or the time Ella Fitzgerald stopped in to see Tommy Flanagan and stayed to sing. Or the time when Liberace came in to see the famous keyboard shaped bar and rushed home to his Beverly Hills Mansion to install a piano-shaped pool in his back yard.
I suppose that's enough for now. I'll be giving Ataraxia a personal tour on Saturday. I plan on getting involved with the ASW when possible. Say hello when you see me!

-Britt

EmmyD

Bronze

Post by EmmyD » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Have you ever met someone of the opposite sex who was the total package, but a bit unaware of it?
No :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

seagull48

New

Post by seagull48 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:56 pm

i'm going to back up everything britt said about michigan. i love it so much, i'm actually considering working in detroit this summer.

hegemonyhog

New

Post by hegemonyhog » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:51 pm

Less than 36 hours until the drive up to Ann Arbor!

For any current UM students - I'm looking for a summer job in AA (June-August), preferably something part time in the 25-30 hours a week range. Any recommendations on where I should look?

skaushal

New

Post by skaushal » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:10 am

ATTENTION SUMMER STARTERS!

If any of you summer starters are still looking for an apartment, I'm moving out of my 1 bedroom studio apartment that is a 10-15 minute walk from the law school (5 minute bike ride). The apartment is located at 1322 S. Forest, near Burns park.

The apartment rents for $620/month + utilities (approximately $720 during winter, much less during summer).

It is on the third floor of a house that has two other units. It has a nice deck that is perfect for long summertime study sessions and the landlord is great. I don't have pictures right now - but I can provide them if requested.

PM me for details.

kritiosboy

New

Post by kritiosboy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:35 am

Last edited by kritiosboy on Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”