Bar application - Character and Fitness Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2011)
tonyat2

New

Bar application - Character and Fitness

Post by tonyat2 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:06 am

I recently took the bar exam in July and already have a Job lined up in Chicago to start in October, however I just received an email that I have to do a Character and Fitness interview because of some credit cards that I defaulted on in the past. I was wondering what you think the chances are of me passing this since I already have a job and have already taken the bar exam. I'm a little concerned since we've already re-located to a different state for my job. Any information would be great!

Giddy-Up

Bronze

Re: Bar application - Character and Fitness

Post by Giddy-Up » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 am

You may get more views if you post this in the forum for law students.

Did you disclose the credit card defaults on your bar app? (I am assuming you took the IL bar?)

I had a buddy last year who went through the interview process with the IL character and fitness committee. It ended up working out fine, the interview itself is not a deathblow. Keep in mind that you are very much on the radar screen now and it is in your best interest to be as candid as possible.

Given that you have quite a bit at stake here, strongly recommend talking to a lawyer who specializes in this. All you will get from most posters on here (like me) is uneducated opinions.

Return to “TLS Class of 2011 Forum”