Negotiating for Financial Aid? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Charliehardy

New

Negotiating for Financial Aid?

Post by Charliehardy » Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:43 pm

I was just accepted for ASU and am still waiting for other schools responses. In my acceptance, I was offered a $55,000 scholarship, or a $65,000 scholarship for the O'Connor Merit Scholars program. ASU is probably my first choice right now, but I will have to go wherever ends up being most affordable, so I'm hoping to negotiate the scholarship offer up but I have very little idea how to do it. Should I wait until I have offers from other schools and include any better offers in communication to ASU? Should I contact the admissions office directly? Email? Call? Snail mail? Do I even have a chance? It seems like it wouldn't hurt to ask, but I want to do whatever is most likely to get an increased offer. My LSAT score is 170, which is higher than ASU's median, but my undergraduate GPA is below the median. Thank you in advance for any advice!

Return to “Financial Aid”