What are the chances did full ride? Is it worth debt for a T-14? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
jimi18

New

What are the chances did full ride? Is it worth debt for a T-14?

Post by jimi18 » Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 pm

Hi! I have just completed the LSAT, and I am now trying to decide where I should apply.

I am an undergraduate at UGA with a UGPA of 3.98 and an LSAT score of 168.

I have minimal savings and am terrified of having a lot of debt. What are my chances for getting any kind of scholarship at a T-14? I know a full ride will most likely not happen due to my LSAT score, but what do you think these schools would potentially offer?

I am also considering Vanderbilt. Does anyone have any idea if I have a chance for a decent scholarship there?

If I do not receive any scholarships from a T-14, is it worth the debt or should I try to get a full ride from a T-50?

cavalier1138

Re: What are the chances did full ride? Is it worth debt for a T-14?

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 am

jimi18 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 pm
If I do not receive any scholarships from a T-14, is it worth the debt or should I try to get a full ride from a T-50?
The answer to that question is entirely dependent on what your career goals are.

At your current numbers, you're likely to snag a few scholarships at the lower T-13, but if you can retake for a few extra points, then you're in the running for much more money. Your LSAT score is not set in stone, and you have a great undergrad GPA.

(I also strongly advise against going straight through, but I know that K-JDs rarely listen to that advice.)

crazywafflez

Silver

Re: What are the chances did full ride? Is it worth debt for a T-14?

Post by crazywafflez » Sun May 09, 2021 10:19 am

jimi18 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 pm
Hi! I have just completed the LSAT, and I am now trying to decide where I should apply.

I am an undergraduate at UGA with a UGPA of 3.98 and an LSAT score of 168.

I have minimal savings and am terrified of having a lot of debt. What are my chances for getting any kind of scholarship at a T-14? I know a full ride will most likely not happen due to my LSAT score, but what do you think these schools would potentially offer?

I am also considering Vanderbilt. Does anyone have any idea if I have a chance for a decent scholarship there?

Take a year off and save up some money to help with some of those costs of living! I just think you'll gain some life skills by not going straight through.
As far as your question, like Cav said, it'll depend on your goals. Medians may have gone up at the T14 schools, no idea now after this cycle, but I'd think you could snag a scholly from some of the lower T14s and T20s like Vandy. Going to a T1 on a full scholarship is a great option though for those who aren't aiming for biglaw and want local work/local govt etc (I chose the T1 option myself and am happy with my outcome, however, most of my class did not get biglaw). Think on what your goals are and where you want to be/live.

Return to “Financial Aid”