UConn Law negotiations Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Jumboshrimp815

New

UConn Law negotiations

Post by Jumboshrimp815 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:41 pm

Hey all, I was recently accepted to UConn law as a full time student beginning fall 2021. They are my first choice but gave me a partial scholarship compared to other schools which offered me full scholarships. Does anyone know or can offer advice about UConn’s scholarship negotiation process? Thanks in advance!

cavalier1138

Re: UConn Law negotiations

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:51 am

Their negotiation process is going to be the same as all other schools. Do you have better scholarship offers at peer schools in the region?

(Obligatory note: Don't go to UConn for anything less than a full ride.)

Pomeranian

Bronze

Post by Pomeranian » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:05 pm

Your bargaining power may not be that great as there aren't that many law schools in CT that you could use to scholarship negotiate. Other than Yale Law School (which I assume is not an option here), the other CT law school is Quinnipiac. Unless you are (1) receiving close to a full ride and (2) want to practice in CT, i would consider other options besides UConn Law.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:24 pm

The OP can use peer schools outside of CT to negotiate with UConn. I know that TLS emphasizes (rightly) that outside of the national schools, people should go to law school where they want to work, so ideally, someone only applies to UConn if they're interested in working in CT. But that doesn't mean that law schools only consider schools in the same market as competition for negotiation purposes.

(The question of whether they should go to UConn is a separate issue of course.)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”