template asking for scholarship Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
FND

Bronze

template asking for scholarship

Post by FND » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:45 pm

I know not everyone is comfortable asking for money from schools, so I thought I'd make it easy - below is the email that I sent. For the school I ended up going to I was in the 75th percentile, and I received a reply just under 3 hours later offering me a very generous scholarship

Dear Ms. ______,

From talking to students and fellow applicants at ______ law, I have come to understand that an offer of merit-based scholarship would normally come a few weeks after the offer of admissions.

While I am still awaiting decisions from a few more law schools, I have already received scholarship offers from others.
_______ is, and has been, my first choice, however, the cost of law school is a serious consideration for me.

It has now been over a month since I received my offer of admission and I would like to inquire if I should wait a bit longer, or if I should accept that I will not receive a merit-based scholarship?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration,

Stefan Dunkelgrun

FND

Bronze

Re: template asking for scholarship

Post by FND » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:12 pm

FND wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:45 pm
I know not everyone is comfortable asking for money from schools, so I thought I'd make it easy - below is the email that I sent. For the school I ended up going to I was in the 75th percentile, and I received a reply just under 3 hours later offering me a very generous scholarship

Dear Ms. ______,

From talking to students and fellow applicants at ______ law, I have come to understand that an offer of merit-based scholarship would normally come a few weeks after the offer of admissions.

While I am still awaiting decisions from a few more law schools, I have already received scholarship offers from others.
_______ is, and has been, my first choice, however, the cost of law school is a serious consideration for me.

It has now been over a month since I received my offer of admission and I would like to inquire if I should wait a bit longer, or if I should accept that I will not receive a merit-based scholarship?

Thank you very much for your time and consideration,

Return to “Financial Aid”