Does NYU not offer any big scholarship for academic merit alone? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ray42

New

Does NYU not offer any big scholarship for academic merit alone?

Post by ray42 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:27 am

Hey,

I have a 177 from a couple years back and a 4.0 gpa. Just wanted to confirm my research on here, this alone gives me a shot at a full or half ride at Columbia, but at NYU the only scholarships are the ones separately applied for with conditions attached to them. There would be nothing at NYU granted for gpa/lsat alone. Correct?

Wubbles

Bronze

Re: Does NYU not offer any big scholarship for academic merit alone?

Post by Wubbles » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:25 pm

IIRC NYU offers the full tuition Vanderbilt scholarship based on merit and it does not require a separate application.

Edit: also congrats on the stats, you should have great options either way. Would recommend applying broadly in the t13, getting the Ruby at Chicago and having full tuition with a generous stipend for an equal quality school would likely be the best outcome.

kkdk

Bronze

Post by kkdk » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Wubbles wrote:IIRC NYU offers the full tuition Vanderbilt scholarship based on merit and it does not require a separate application.

Edit: also congrats on the stats, you should have great options either way. Would recommend applying broadly in the t13, getting the Ruby at Chicago and having full tuition with a generous stipend for an equal quality school would likely be the best outcome.
Can confirm as an alum of the school. Vandys are given out, your stats are WELL within range of those offered it. I'd say about 15-20 are offered each year, and in light of to whom they are offered, I'd say maybe half accept and attend. Usually if you're getting a Vanderbilt, you're also getting a Hamilton or Rubenstein or Darrow or a Levy.

Agree with Wubbles---apply broadly and enjoy your T3/T6+full ride.

ray42

New

Post by ray42 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks guys! Super helpful

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”