Suffolk and New England Financial Aid Questions Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
NycGirl12

New

Suffolk and New England Financial Aid Questions

Post by NycGirl12 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:35 pm

Hi Everyone,
I've applied to both Suffolk and New England law for Fall 16. According to the admissions teams at these schools (I actually called and spoke with someone), applicants are urged to file their FAFSA before decisions are rendered. Anyone here have any experience with this? Also, New England sent me a financial aid kit to fill out. Would they do this for all incoming students, or even if you've just applied? It sounds silly to go through the hassle of Iisting schools I have yet to hear from on my FAFSA.

mornincounselor

Silver

Re: Suffolk and New England Financial Aid Questions

Post by mornincounselor » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:59 pm

The hassle of listing schools? I mean, I think the hassle is pretty minimal. If you do a search for "law school fafsa codes" it will bring up a page from this website which lists all the codes for the reputable schools (not 100% sure the ones you listed will be there), or you can search on Google by the individual school's name + law school fafsa code.

If the issue is you have more than 10 schools you have applied to and FAFSA caps you at 10 schools, you can send the FAFSA to the first 10 schools, then wait a week or so, and email one of those schools to make sure they received your information. Once they have received the information you can go back and remove those 10 schools and write in the next 10.

If the issue is you truly cannot be hassled to spend 5 minutes looking up codes, than perhaps you don't "need" financial aid at all? It suggests you may lack the maturity to be successful in law school. Further, it suggests you likely have not spent a significant amount of time looking at the data about law school in general (it's not all sunshine and rainbows) and these schools in particular (at the end of this rainbow you owe a pot of gold and are unlikely to have a job).

I will go ahead and leave a link here to the Law School Transparency Score Reports for the two schools listed in the title of this thread.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/suffolk/2014/
Costs: $251k
Employment: 46.2% employed 9 months after graduation with 14.4% of graduates in law firms of between 2-10 attorneys.

http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/newengland/2014/
Costs: $249k
Employment: 38.5% employed 9 months after graduation with 15.7% of graduates in law firms of between 2-10 attorneys.

NycGirl12

New

Post by NycGirl12 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your input. Although your comments seem rather demeaning and condescending, I do value the information you provided. You cannot simply judge someone based on a comment on a public forum, but I do understand that you have your views on how people respond. Granted that you don't even know me personally, I think it's reasonably unfair to assume that someone may, as you put it, "lack the maturity to attend law school". I don't think it's worthwhile to spend time looking up codes if one has not received a firm yes or no from a school one has applied to. This is called common sense to wait for a decision rather than jump the gun, don't you think? The fact that you took time to respond with a rude post not only shows YOUR lack of maturity and respect for other posters on this forum, but it also shows that you have nothing better to do with your life but to criticize others and look up codes. I'll leave you to look up at your codes. Want to fill out my FAFSA for me since you have so much time? You seem like another troll poster on this forum who only gets brave by hiding behind a computer and corny screen name.

I also looked at your posting requesting advice for listing parents' financial data in your FAFSA. I truly hope you are in need of financial assistance and not another financial aid hog who is taking away from people that really need help. Why don't you ask your mommy and daddy to pay for your law school? You seem like you're pretty young.

Oh, and btw, judging by your 1000+ posts, and the fact that your bothering to respond on Valentine's day would indicate that you have no life. So have fun with your data entry volunteer work. :) I'm judging you simply like you judged me.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post by mornincounselor » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:29 pm

:)

You see, the interesting part is a coworker of mine in the "data entry volunteer work" you cite is a graduate of one of the law schools in the title of this thread. This person now makes minimum wage and has well over six figures in debt. This is the average result coming from one of these schools, sadly.

You can feel free to criticize me for taking a few moments to assist another applicant with an important life decision, but I really do hope you look through the links I provided. Law school really is something one should think very long and hard about. Perhaps you have done that, but the "can't bother to spend 30 seconds googling something" attitude coupled with the particular schools you are asking about suggests otherwise.

Here:

Enjoy your Valentines Day.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”