Re-Took LSAT for Scholarship, what next? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
rekoobathetuba

New

Re-Took LSAT for Scholarship, what next?

Post by rekoobathetuba » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

My question is really about what the process is in this situation. Thanks for your help in advance.

I was admitted to a few schools with a lower LSAT score, and I knew I could do better. I spoke with admissions deans at one of these schools and found out I could possibly get a full ride if I could improve my score by a certain amount of points. I just took the February LSAT, and am fairly confident I accomplished at least the necessary points. So here's my question:

How do I go about letting this and other schools I have been accepted to know that I have a better LSAT score? Do I simply send an e-mail with admissions staff I have been in contact with and say: just took it, here's what I got, I hope this might help in deciding on a potential increase in aid?

Thanks if you can help!

JD116

New

Re: Re-Took LSAT for Scholarship, what next?

Post by JD116 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:08 pm

rekoobathetuba wrote:Hi everyone,

My question is really about what the process is in this situation. Thanks for your help in advance.

I was admitted to a few schools with a lower LSAT score, and I knew I could do better. I spoke with admissions deans at one of these schools and found out I could possibly get a full ride if I could improve my score by a certain amount of points. I just took the February LSAT, and am fairly confident I accomplished at least the necessary points. So here's my question:

How do I go about letting this and other schools I have been accepted to know that I have a better LSAT score? Do I simply send an e-mail with admissions staff I have been in contact with and say: just took it, here's what I got, I hope this might help in deciding on a potential increase in aid?

Thanks if you can help!
I'm in a similar position. What schools are we talking? Like T-10 or outside that? It's a bit more of a time-crunch, gamble with the T-10.

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:42 pm

rekoobathetuba wrote:Hi everyone,

Thanks if you can help!
Couldn't be easier. You just email them.

GFox345

Bronze

Post by GFox345 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:10 am

It may even be easier than that. In my case, I had already been admitted to the University of Michigan with a small scholarship. I retook in December and received my score on January 5th. Within a week, I had received an updated scholarship offer that more than doubled my previous scholarship without even so much as emailing them to let them know. It seems that schools are anticipating this kind of thing and may even get around to it before you do.

At the very least, there is no need to worry about how you're going to let them know. I understand the angst that comes when you're waiting for an LSAT score and your urge to do something while you wait. Unfortunately, waiting is about all you can do at this point. Hope this helps!

AnonymousPython

New

Post by AnonymousPython » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:56 am

GFox345 wrote:It may even be easier than that. In my case, I had already been admitted to the University of Michigan with a small scholarship. I retook in December and received my score on January 5th. Within a week, I had received an updated scholarship offer that more than doubled my previous scholarship without even so much as emailing them to let them know. It seems that schools are anticipating this kind of thing and may even get around to it before you do.

At the very least, there is no need to worry about how you're going to let them know. I understand the angst that comes when you're waiting for an LSAT score and your urge to do something while you wait. Unfortunately, waiting is about all you can do at this point. Hope this helps!
Awesome to hear that this worked for you, GFox.

Does anyone know of or have any experience trying this with the June LSAT? Presumably the utility would be limited to the school where you put down a potentially-binding seat deposit, but is it possible to improve a scholarship offer based on a score this late? I'm sure a lot of schools would have already exhausted their scholarship budgets by then, but then again, if fewer scholarship recipients than expected commit based on competing offers, maybe they have some extra money to hand out...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

boslaw56

New

Post by boslaw56 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:33 am

Post Removed.
Last edited by boslaw56 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:52 pm

boslaw56 wrote:Similar question to OP (which might have the same answer):

I've been admitted and received a scholarship to 1 school (BC), but am still waiting to hear from all the other schools I applied. I just received my Feb. LSAT score and finally broke into the 170's. I've already emailed the schools I'm waiting to hear from about this score increase, but should I email BC as well about a potential scholarship increase? Or is it better to wait to until I hear from other schools so that I can use their potential acceptance+scholarship as leverage in addition to the score increase? The reason I ask is that I've heard BC is not too keen on scholarship negotiations, and I feel they might look down on multiple rounds of negotiations (negotiate with Feb lsat now+other school packages later).
Dude, if you're still considering BC with a 170+ LSAT, BC should be worried about what you're going to do, not you worried about what BC is going to do. Yes, tell BC now about your score and see if they change their award and go back and ask them again if you get another award. You, friend, have the leverage now.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”