How to add more schools to FAFSA Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Sweetneers

New

How to add more schools to FAFSA

Post by Sweetneers » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:19 am

I'm having a lot of trouble finding info on how to add more schools to my FAFSA beyond the 10 allowed. It's processed, but do I have to remove those schools to add more? Will I still get FinAid from the schools I remove?

gamerish

Gold

Re: How to add more schools to FAFSA

Post by gamerish » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:25 pm

Log back into the FAFSA you filed, choose "Make a Correction," remove a few schools and add the ones you couldn't the first time through and resubmit. So long as your FAFSA was successfully processed the first time, it won't effect the first 10 schools you applied to since they'll have already received your SAR.

NycGirl12

New

Re: How to add more schools to FAFSA

Post by NycGirl12 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi Sweeteners,

Once you remove or add schools, you will need to resubmit your corrected FAFSA. I believe once your updated FAFSA is received by a school that you added, that school will show financial aid information for the year (2015-16 something like that). If the school you added has a financial aid Web portal you can check or just call financial aid to confirm. If your removing schools on a transmitted application, I do not believe this changes your status with the school you listed. The particular school may or may not have processed your app, but if it did, your financial aid data is more than likely on file. You should definitely contact the school(s) to get the answers you need. I hope this helps.

Return to “Financial Aid”