Which Schools Include Scholarship Info with Acceptance? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Widdle_Dumpling

New

Which Schools Include Scholarship Info with Acceptance?

Post by Widdle_Dumpling » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:27 pm

Is there a list somewhere of when schools might inform applicants that they have scholarship offers? This may have been asked like 1000 times, but do schools mostly send out offers with acceptance, or do they accept and then offer later, or is it a mix of both?

DrSpaceman

Bronze

Re: Which Schools Include Scholarship Info with Acceptance?

Post by DrSpaceman » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:41 pm

I'd say a little less than half of the schools I applied to last cycle (maybe 5 out of 13?) sent scholarship offers with acceptance letters. Some came a few days later. Some came way later in the cycle, but those tended to be the bigger opening offers. My guess is that you will get a range of answers here that will leave you with the impression that it's pretty all over the place.

ETA- the ones I can think of offhand that came with the admission letter were GWU, Emory, UNC, Vandy and maybe one more. HTH.

bamb00zled

Bronze

Post by bamb00zled » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Widdle_Dumpling wrote:Is there a list somewhere of when schools might inform applicants that they have scholarship offers? This may have been asked like 1000 times, but do schools mostly send out offers with acceptance, or do they accept and then offer later, or is it a mix of both?
I second this motion. Anyone have an old thread link to share?

CJRpnw

Bronze

Post by CJRpnw » Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:19 pm

DrSpaceman wrote:I'd say a little less than half of the schools I applied to last cycle (maybe 5 out of 13?) sent scholarship offers with acceptance letters. Some came a few days later. Some came way later in the cycle, but those tended to be the bigger opening offers. My guess is that you will get a range of answers here that will leave you with the impression that it's pretty all over the place.

ETA- the ones I can think of offhand that came with the admission letter were GWU, Emory, UNC, Vandy and maybe one more. HTH.
I can add on that William & Mary sends scholarship offers with the admission letter.

Troianii

Silver

Post by Troianii » Tue Dec 29, 2015 7:38 pm

Widdle_Dumpling wrote:Is there a list somewhere of when schools might inform applicants that they have scholarship offers? This may have been asked like 1000 times, but do schools mostly send out offers with acceptance, or do they accept and then offer later, or is it a mix of both?
Tl;dr it seems to depend on when you apply

I think it has a lot to do with when you apply. I applied this cycle very esrly, and have gotten 14 acceptances, with scholarship info from 5 (to include one which essentially said "no scholly fo you"). When I called to ask, most said they don't make scholarship decisions until later in the cycle. So I imagine that I'd you apply in February, you should get financial aid information with your acceptance letter.

packer_22

New

Post by packer_22 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 am

I applied in December. I found out about scholarships for Columbia in January...the rest I found out about in February and March.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”