External scholarships Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
RareExports

Silver

External scholarships

Post by RareExports » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Does anyone have experience with applying for or winning external scholarship competitions? If so, where would you recommend looking and do you have any additional advice for those seeking external scholarships? Thanks!

NmZ

New

Re: External scholarships

Post by NmZ » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:33 pm

I've gotten a few. Ask your school's financial aid office and if all else fails, google it. "Scholarships available for [insert adjective]". They literally have scholarships for everybody! Gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, family status, lefty's.. you name it & there's a scholarship. PM me if you have more questions, hope this helps!

hearsay77

Silver

Post by hearsay77 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:48 pm

6778628 wrote:Does anyone have experience with applying for or winning external scholarship competitions? If so, where would you recommend looking and do you have any additional advice for those seeking external scholarships? Thanks!
I've been applying for a bunch, but haven't heard back on any yet (and not expecting to any time soon). I recommend the scholarship search engines like fastweb/scholarships.com/collegenet/etc. You can also go to the financial aid pages of law schools and almost all of them have lists of external scholarships and scholarship search engines. If you somehow run out all of these, googling law school scholarships works too

iguazu

Bronze

Post by iguazu » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm looking into some of these now, too. I'm also wondering if anyone has investigated options for additional loans beyond what is approved by the school based on FAFSA. I'm probably going to need to support my significant other for half the year and need some other funds beyond merit aid and the Fed loans

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”