Deposit Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Donashimen

Bronze

Deposit

Post by Donashimen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:36 pm

I am sure this is probably mentioned somewhere but I don't have the time to look through every single one honestly.

Does anybody know if we can put down a deposit on more than one school if we still haven't decided?

Also from what I understand, if you don't put down an initial deposit for the rest of the schools then you are officially taken off of their admitted student list is that correct?

Lastly, what if you are still waiting to hear back from couple of other schools? Do you still put a deposit down on a school just in case.
I am just a little unclear on the subject of deposits i guess, if anybody could help me out i'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: Deposit

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Donashimen wrote:I am sure this is probably mentioned somewhere but I don't have the time to look through every single one honestly.

Does anybody know if we can put down a deposit on more than one school if we still haven't decided?

Also from what I understand, if you don't put down an initial deposit for the rest of the schools then you are officially taken off of their admitted student list is that correct?

Lastly, what if you are still waiting to hear back from couple of other schools? Do you still put a deposit down on a school just in case.
I am just a little unclear on the subject of deposits i guess, if anybody could help me out i'd GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks
Schools won't find out until May 15th that you've deposited elsewhere. Some will tell you they don't let you deposit at multiple places, but even if they do you have until at least May 15.

If you haven't heard or are on a waitlist you don't need to do anything at those schools. Schools where you have been accepted are required to allow you to stay on waitlists and stay in contention at other schools where you haven't received a final decision.

Return to “Financial Aid”