negotiation Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
BigZuck

Diamond

Re: Will Cornell negotiate with scholly from Vandy? or WUSTL?

Post by BigZuck » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:19 pm

SFrost wrote:
BigZuck wrote: In my experience, no, T14s tend to usually only take peer offers seriously (I mean, maybe a WUSTL fully could get you from zero to 5-10K at Cornell

You went from a hyperconfident and unambiguous "no" earlier in the thread to a "well, I mean, maybe, I guess, uh, ok yes" now?

My work here is done. I win. :D
My unequivocal "No" was to you saying Yes because they are peers. In my first post ITT I said "I kind of doubt it" in response to the OPs question, which of course leaves open the possibility that they might throw the OP a drop in the bucket compared to the total cost of attendance bone.

It's the last time I'll ask: please, please, please stop trolling the on topics. Head over to the lounge if you want to get all trolly. We are trying to help people here, it's not good to willfully mislead them.

SFrost

Bronze

Post by SFrost » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:40 pm

BigZuck wrote: It's the last time I'll ask: please, please, please stop trolling the on topics. Head over to the lounge if you want to get all trolly. We are trying to help people here, it's not good to willfully mislead them.
It's the first time I'll ask: stop giving out T14-obsessed bad info.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Fri May 02, 2014 12:17 pm

I've given this a go, and no, it didn't work for me. It was from a school of WUSTL's caliber. The COA at this school is substantially lower than Cornell's, also.

jenesaislaw

Silver

Post by jenesaislaw » Mon May 05, 2014 12:40 pm

Keep in mind that I applied during the 2007-08 cycle, but Cornell would not consider my scholarships from WUSTL or Vandy. Vandy wouldn't consider WUSTL. However, Cornell did care about my Texas scholarship. I got the Texas scholarship after showing them my Vandy scholarship.

Has Cornell's attitude changed? I don't know. I doubt it though.

nicholasavallone

New

Post by nicholasavallone » Fri May 09, 2014 1:52 am

I got Georgetown to budge with Texas/Vandy money...they actually matched Vandy, honestly not sure what happened, don't think I should be a special snowflake. Like everybody has said, send a nice note to Financial Services, worst they can say is "no."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FKASunny

Gold

Post by FKASunny » Fri May 09, 2014 2:03 am

Yo, why didn't you include Vandy in that link?

http://www.lstscorereports.com/compare/ ... anderbilt/

The real conversation should be about how UCLA and Texas aren't peers with Cornell and Vandy.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 09, 2014 8:53 am

FKASunny wrote:Yo, why didn't you include Vandy in that link?

http://www.lstscorereports.com/compare/ ... anderbilt/

The real conversation should be about how UCLA and Texas aren't peers with Cornell and Vandy.
:)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Financial Aid”