Negotiating Aid Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Agentsoapbox

Bronze

Negotiating Aid

Post by Agentsoapbox » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:20 pm

I got into a 50some ranked school with almost full tuition scholarship. Contingent on me stayin in the top 2/3 of my class.

I was accepted to another 50some ranked school with a 25k scholarship.

however, I also applied to a local tier 3 school. I actually have a soft spot for this school. It's my current undergraduate institution and I have a bit of school pride. It's a fairly new school but making good strides. It may even break into tier 2 this year. I would love to stay here in Miami (I guess that gives away the school) and it's a pretty decent cost of tuition.

I knew I would be accepted, but alas, they are only giving me 5k a year, contingent on my staying in the top half of my class. It's the lowest ranked school I got into and yet it's the school that has given me the least aid.

considering the aid that FIU is giving me... it would cost just as much as attending Pepperdine!

How do I get FIU to up the aid?

How does one negotiate?

Optimist Prime

Bronze

Re: Negotiating Aid

Post by Optimist Prime » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:34 pm

-
Last edited by Optimist Prime on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JazzieShizzle

Bronze

Re: Negotiating Aid

Post by JazzieShizzle » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:47 am

There's also the method mentioned here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=224724

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”