Appealing for more scholarship money after a drop in ranking Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
TRex77

New

Appealing for more scholarship money after a drop in ranking

Post by TRex77 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:29 pm

So I appealed a couple schools I was interested in for scholarship money a couple weeks ago. Two denied, stating they never increased scholarships (bullshit) because it based on GPA/LSAT in the incoming class and to see if there was more money in spring/summer.

Well one of the schools just took a huge hit in the new rankings. I am sure I am not the only one freaking out about this, and I am wondering if you guys think they will up scholarships to try to keep people interested in their school? Or should I email/call them again and tell them to reconsider?

I am not exactly sure how to approach the email/call though. What I really want to say is something like "I was interested in your school before it took a huge hit in the rankings, please offer me more money to keep me interested" but I can't exactly just say that.

Any ideas/thoughts?

Thanks

YankeesFan

Silver

Re: Appealing for more scholarship money after a drop in ranking

Post by YankeesFan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:32 pm

Can TLS stipulate that any thread about schools "massive drop in the rankings" refers to Illinois and just put Appealing to Illinois for more scholarship money?

PRgradBYU

Silver

Re: Appealing for more scholarship money after a drop in ranking

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:44 pm

YankeesFan wrote:Can TLS stipulate that any thread about schools "massive drop in the rankings" refers to Illinois and just put Appealing to Illinois for more scholarship money?
:lol:

OP, even if your school (presumably UIUC) took a huge hit in the rankings, its GPA/LSAT is going to be the exact same. Your chances of getting a scholarship bump, therefore, are the exact same. Just know that whatever you end up doing, you're going to sound like a total prick if you mention the school's major rankings drop.

Return to “Financial Aid”