New Pepperdine Scholarship Stipulations Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Razorbackfan19247

New

New Pepperdine Scholarship Stipulations

Post by Razorbackfan19247 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:16 pm

Has anyone else noticed that Pepperdine has changed its scholarship stipulations for the Dean's Merit Scholarship? It appears that the stipulation of staying in the top 1/3 of the class is no longer required. Instead, the renewal point will be the same percentage as those receiving the Dean's Merit Scholarship. This is definitely good news for those of us hoping to receive scholarships and will take some of the pressure off next year's 1L's.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Re: New Pepperdine Scholarship Stipulations

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Yes! That's fantastic news. I also heard that Pepperdine has wonderful job placement stats and a really great Dean. Awesome! More people should totally apply!!!!11!!

Razorbackfan19247

New

Post by Razorbackfan19247 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:11 pm

I'm by no means saying that the school is for everyone, but it is definitely good news for those of us who are seriously considering Pepperdine and hoping to get significant scholarship money from them. It will give a little more certainty to keeping that scholarship the entire duration of law school. If I can go to a school like Pepperdine and graduate without a huge amount of debt, then I can think of worse ways to spend 3 years of law school than in Malibu.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Razorbackfan19247 wrote:I'm by no means saying that the school is for everyone, but it is definitely good news for those of us who are seriously considering Pepperdine and hoping to get significant scholarship money from them. It will give a little more certainty to keeping that scholarship the entire duration of law school. If I can go to a school like Pepperdine and graduate without a huge amount of debt, then I can think of worse ways to spend 3 years of law school than in Malibu.
How do you know you'll avoid debt? All you said was that they're easing the stipulations, not getting rid of them. If you can lose your scholarship for any reason other than failing out, you shouldn't be attending that school.

Razorbackfan19247

New

Post by Razorbackfan19247 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:34 pm

I'm saying that the chances of avoid debt are greater now that the stipulations aren't as strict. It's a lot easier to stay in the top half of your class than it is to stay in the top third.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:00 am

How are you going to stay out of debt attending Pepperdine? Food and rent cost money and Malibu ain't cheap.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”