Senioritis Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Chickensoup

Bronze

Senioritis

Post by Chickensoup » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:09 pm

It's my last semester in college and the senioritis is hitting pretty hard. Will schools ask to see my fall semester grades when I apply for financial aid?

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Re: Senioritis

Post by WhiteyCakes » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:12 pm

Chickensoup wrote:It's my last semester in college and the senioritis is hitting pretty hard. Will schools ask to see my fall semester grades when I apply for financial aid?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:43 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:It's my last semester in college and the senioritis is hitting pretty hard. Will schools ask to see my fall semester grades when I apply for financial aid?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's so funny?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:50 pm

We were worried about you, bro.

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:53 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:We were worried about you, bro.
Huh? I'm not getting it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jkpolk

Silver

Post by jkpolk » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:03 am

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:25 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:We were worried about you, bro.
Great new avi Sunny

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:42 am

You could say I lost a bet.

You don't wanna know what it was before

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:You could say I lost a bet.

I vaguely remember this...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:55 am

WhiteyCakes wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:You could say I lost a bet.

I vaguely remember this...

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 am

Also, I'm actually in the same predicament. My grades this semester can only help my GPA unless I get straight C's, but I'd rather not update my transcripts if I get straight B's. Anyone have any experience on this?

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:23 am

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Also, I'm actually in the same predicament. My grades this semester can only help my GPA unless I get straight C's, but I'd rather not update my transcripts if I get straight B's. Anyone have any experience on this?
Sure, anyone who's graduated college. It's tempting not to care senior year, but I'd recommend caring anyway.

But for chickensoup, with financial aid deadlines being in the spring, I imagine they would want fall semester update (in your case a final transcript, as I read it.) I doubt one semester will kill your GPA, but if you don't want to have to explain a semester of lackluster grades, try to hang in there a couple more weeks.

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:26 am

I would be very surprised if they don't ask for final transcripts. After all, they need to make sure you have a degree

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Stupe

Bronze

Post by Stupe » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:30 pm

I don't even remember what a textbook looks like. Haven't read a single poem, story, or play for my five English classes this semester.

Fuck school, play games.

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:32 pm

How soon into this thread before this dude poasts how much his parents make again?

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:22 pm

Wormfather wrote:I'm with you dude, I just cant get into the flow this semester and then next semester I need to take 20 credits to graduate on time (transfer issues). And you're only allowed to take two sections of basket weaving.

But yeah, they're going to want those grades at some point. Worst case scenario: you get wait listed somewhere and then they ask for the grades.
Yeah man, it's real tough to care at this point. I already got into the T14 that I have always planned on going to.

My main concern isn't not getting into another school or getting waitlisted. My main concern is not getting a lot of money from the school that I already got into because I will most likely get straight B's this semester.

gguuueessttt

Bronze

Post by gguuueessttt » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:32 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
Wormfather wrote:I'm with you dude, I just cant get into the flow this semester and then next semester I need to take 20 credits to graduate on time (transfer issues). And you're only allowed to take two sections of basket weaving.

But yeah, they're going to want those grades at some point. Worst case scenario: you get wait listed somewhere and then they ask for the grades.
Yeah man, it's real tough to care at this point. I already got into the T14 that I have always planned on going to.

My main concern isn't not getting into another school or getting waitlisted. My main concern is not getting a lot of money from the school that I already got into because I will most likely get straight B's this semester.
Just suck it up and work harder. Law school scholarship money will have a huge impact on your life for the next three years. You should be able to motivate yourself to try a little harder in your classes for the next month or so.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:52 pm

Obviously everyone should try to get the best grades possible, and doing anything less is a universally bad idea. That said, the difference, in terms of cumulative GPA, between a 3.0 semester and a 3.4 semester is probably not that great. I'm not advocating laziness, but I don't think one semester will be a game changer for the vast majority of people with respect to either admissions or financial aid.

Still, as fun as it is to look back and think, "If only I'd done XYZ," the peace of mind of knowing you did your best is worth the effort. Just hang in there.

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:14 pm

shntn wrote:Obviously everyone should try to get the best grades possible, and doing anything less is a universally bad idea. That said, the difference, in terms of cumulative GPA, between a 3.0 semester and a 3.4 semester is probably not that great. I'm not advocating laziness, but I don't think one semester will be a game changer for the vast majority of people with respect to either admissions or financial aid.

Still, as fun as it is to look back and think, "If only I'd done XYZ," the peace of mind of knowing you did your best is worth the effort. Just hang in there.
I agree that it's worth it to hang in there. I'm just wondering if we can confirm that it has an impact. Are we even sure schools ask for the grades before they award aid? Can we confirm that they ask for the grades before the award financial aid?

WhiteyCakes

Silver

Post by WhiteyCakes » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Just don't fuck up this semester

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:25 am

Wormfather wrote:maybe just withdraw from all the classes you dont need in order to graduate (assuming its not too late to do so without LSAT GPA consequences) Or maybe convert your classes to pass/fail (some institutions allow this).

Of course those are the lazy options, you could always just remember that there's a lot at stake here and go nose to the grindstone and get'r done.
I'm not too worried. Even with straight B's, my GPA is still gonna be above median. I'm just wondering if any of you can confirm that fall grades are factored in when applying for merit scholarships in January? Can anyone confirm this?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:16 am

Senioritis -> strenuous academic program

omg how retarded can you be

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:20 am

IAFG wrote:Senioritis -> strenuous academic program

:lol: :lol:

Also QFtruth. K-JDs should consider the burnout factor.

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:44 am

shntn wrote:

Graduating early bro. Will have 8 months to recover from burnout. I'm not even that burnt out. Just realistic. No need to kill myself over grades when I already achieved my goal of getting into a T14.

Funny how no one has answered my question, though. Can anyone confirm that schools ask for fall grades before awarding merit based scholarships? I don't believe that they do.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:47 am

Chickensoup wrote:
shntn wrote:

Graduating early bro. Will have 8 months to recover from burnout. I'm not even that burnt out. Just realistic. No need to kill myself over grades when I already achieved my goal of getting into a T14.

Funny how no one has answered my question, though. Can anyone confirm that schools ask for fall grades before awarding merit based scholarships? I don't believe that they do.
I don't think TLS can answer that. No one seems to know so far.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”