Have I just screwed myself? Fafsa query. Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Prospecta8571

New

Have I just screwed myself? Fafsa query.

Post by Prospecta8571 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 pm

I went to go and update my FAFSA to update it with all of my current tax return information, and looking at my school list, I realized that the one school that I have chosen to attend is not on it. I have since updated the information to read for this school. Does it really matter that the school was not on it? I didn't expect to receive any grants, but have I just shot myself in the foot by not putting my school on there months ago? Thanks for your input!

MormonChristian

Bronze

Re: Have I just screwed myself? Fafsa query.

Post by MormonChristian » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:43 pm

Prospecta8571 wrote: have I just shot myself in the foot by not putting my school on there months ago? Thanks for your input!

No you haven't. Some schools won't even process your financial aid until next month.

As a suggestion though, contact the financial aid office of the law school and let them know and ask them to process it quickly. Check back regularly to follow up with your request.

sjwest

Bronze

Re: Have I just screwed myself? Fafsa query.

Post by sjwest » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Some schools have a priority deadline for financial aid. Not meeting the priority deadline is no big deal. People who have filed before that deadline with the greatest amount of need will be first in line for the school's limited grant/free money fund, if they have one. As for federal loans and GradPLUS, you should be absolutely fine with no repercussions.

Return to “Financial Aid”