Grad plus question Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
ash0117

Bronze

Grad plus question

Post by ash0117 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Hello. I've read the guide regarding grad plus loans. I filled out the mpn and entrance counseling at the request of my school. I also filled out how much money I'm taking out and whatnot. Do I need to apply for a plus loan on my own separately or will the school do it? If I do it, when is it appropriate to apply? They haven't given me too much info besides requesting that I fill out the mpn and counseling.

DocHawkeye

Silver

Re: Grad plus question

Post by DocHawkeye » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:31 pm

ash0117 wrote:Hello. I've read the guide regarding grad plus loans. I filled out the mpn and entrance counseling at the request of my school. I also filled out how much money I'm taking out and whatnot. Do I need to apply for a plus loan on my own separately or will the school do it? If I do it, when is it appropriate to apply? They haven't given me too much info besides requesting that I fill out the mpn and counseling.
The school will apply for you and you will hear from the loan servicing company if anything else is needed.

ash0117

Bronze

Re: Grad plus question

Post by ash0117 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:21 am

DocHawkeye wrote:
ash0117 wrote:Hello. I've read the guide regarding grad plus loans. I filled out the mpn and entrance counseling at the request of my school. I also filled out how much money I'm taking out and whatnot. Do I need to apply for a plus loan on my own separately or will the school do it? If I do it, when is it appropriate to apply? They haven't given me too much info besides requesting that I fill out the mpn and counseling.
The school will apply for you and you will hear from the loan servicing company if anything else is needed.
Thanks!

Return to “Financial Aid”