Increased scholarship before negotiation Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
Redclh

New

Increased scholarship before negotiation

Post by Redclh » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:28 pm

I sent out my first negotiation email to my top choice yesterday, then today I get a physical letter saying they raised my scholarship by a few grand a year. They are still anywhere from 12 to 15 thousand dollars over three years behind in merit offers from two other schools that are ranked higher. Obviously they hadn't had time to look over my email, since the letter was postmarked before I sent the email asking for an increased scholarship. Should I email them an updated request mentioning the letter I received today, or just wait a little while to see how they respond to my first email? The timing is really strange so I'm hoping to avoid some awkwardness in any future correspondence between myself and the school. Thanks in advance for the input.

landla

Bronze

Re: Increased scholarship before negotiation

Post by landla » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:14 pm

I'd say just wait for their response, since they know what they gave you. If you don't hear back for a while, follow up in case they think that is enough, but not immediately.

That's just my opinion, though.

Br3v

Gold

Re: Increased scholarship before negotiation

Post by Br3v » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 pm

landla wrote:I'd say just wait for their response, since they know what they gave you. If you don't hear back for a while, follow up in case they think that is enough, but not immediately.

That's just my opinion, though.
+1

they weill be able to come to the same conclusion that they sent the letter before you and should adjust. Though if you do not hear back soon it is probably because they are waiting on you to make the first move, aka just accept the new offer.

Return to “Financial Aid”