release financial info on need access? Forum

Discuss various money matters here. Loans (federal and private), scholarships, lottery winnings, or other school finance related information and queries.
sangr

Bronze

release financial info on need access?

Post by sangr » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:22 pm

hi

theres a section on need access that asks if i allow offices to release me and my parents financial info for scholarship opportunities..does anyone else feel a little icky about this or is it generally alright to have this released? what kind of scholarships do they mean?

thanks

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Re: release financial info on need access?

Post by PolySuyGuy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:45 pm

sangr wrote:hi

theres a section on need access that asks if i allow offices to release me and my parents financial info for scholarship opportunities..does anyone else feel a little icky about this or is it generally alright to have this released? what kind of scholarships do they mean?

thanks

Generally speaking, need based institutional scholarships. You have to release it is my understanding.

sangr

Bronze

Post by sangr » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:43 pm

it asks if the schools financial aid offices can release it to others...i thought the financial aid of most need based comes from the schools themselves in the first place?

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:26 pm

sangr wrote:it asks if the schools financial aid offices can release it to others...i thought the financial aid of most need based comes from the schools themselves in the first place?

Here is some financial aid information (about outside aid) to a school that accepted me. I hope this clears things up.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... ships.html

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Financial Aid”